Launch Pad

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baldguy

Reaction score
I've been looking for a suitable launch pad for my MPR rocket. I've found a few (very expensive) and they all have the rocket very low to the ground. I would prefer that the engine be about waist level or higher. Any Ideas? Thanks.

I know. It's hard to find something built for the way humans use things.

We comissioned a friend - a very talented metalworker - with our wishlist:

• Easy to set up
  • Rail length 8'
  • Rail swings down for loading
  • Wide, adjustable footprint
  • Blast deflector to keep soot off everything
  • Motor nozzle at 42" off ground for easy access

Here's what he made:

Launcher800.jpg

LoadRocket800.jpg

LittleDogLaunch.jpg

LauncherXPRS2012.jpg

It's all aluminum except for the blast deflector (which works quite well) and the rail pivot, which are steel. It's all held together by quick-release pins and assembles in about 60 seconds.

He built it for us "in trade", since I taught him some tech diving classes for free, but I can hook you up with him if you're interested.

All the best, James

Not quite waist level but it is elevated quite a bit and is versital for both lpr and mpr... cost about $50 to build but that is because it is over built... i could have gotten away with smaller pvc...

20121017_145728.jpg

All very nice. I like the metal one above. I have thought about taking a metal working class. I have wanted to build an aluminum pad.

Wow, that Jaw stand looks perfect. I'm going to check that out today, Thanks!

The Jawstand is a winner. Bought one, fixed a mount for my rods and it is certainly sturdy enough for MPRs. Thanks for showing us that thread!!

Back