New Missileworks product in the works?!?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a shiny new LCD to test

DSCF4645.JPG

Last edited:
Well..........

I have the 3rd Alpha version mounted in my SpaceCowboy 75 at the moment, awaiting tomorrows launch. Jim Amos has tweaked these units even more for superior accuracy. This unit should be the final "Alpha" version, meaning that if all goes as expected, after this test round it will be ready for the Beta release.

The Beta will be the first actual limited "production" run. Just making sure there are no manufacturing deficiencies during production. Alphas were "hand" made in a sense. These are the real deal, same ones you will be able to purchase. There will be more fliers added to the team for final testing of the RRC3 & production version LCD unit.

The RRC3 is ready to fly out of the box, stick it in your rocket and go fly. Main at 500, mach immune, all terminals on board, even for switch wires. Use any battery from a 3.7 Lipo...9volt up to a 11.7 battery-pack. Remember there will be igniter boards, telemetry, GPS coming soon.

You can change main settings via a dip switch and the settings button. Putting dip #1 into the on postion & each click of button = 100 ft. push it 6 times...you've set main deploy for 600 ft.....that's it.

Now if using the LCD, which is powered by the RRC3, just plug it in [self explanatory] go to main setting, you'll actually see the main altitude setting on display....just push button till you get the altitude you want.That's all there is too it.

You can plug it in after flight and see all the data. Bright enough for daylight and has a brightness wheel on it for adjusting the contrast. Yes it does much, much more, but I'd be typing all day to give the details. Suffice to say any novice can use it do to simplicity.

Yes it has been taking a while to do so much intricate testing, but I believe in the long run, it's worth the wait. I don't think there has ever been so much involvement and test flying done before a new product release, by such a wide spectrum of fliers.
Guys on the team include IT fliers with a broad knowledge base in how the darn thing works & guys like me who beat the he$$ out of stuff & fly hard....and every type of flier in between.

Bottom line, the last of A testing in the next 3-4 weeks, then the B unit [final] another few weeks & all is in the home stretch!

After the initial re-lease, then all the add-on goodies will become reality, so everyone from "I just want a good altimeter for beginners" to the "I want it to do everything & play with my data" will be satisfied. You won't have to pay for any of the fancy stuff unless you want it!

After the week end I'll post some pics and report on the units functionality. As I sure the rest of the team will as it gets flown by them.

Picture 3.png

Last edited:
Those of us testing them got shiny new boards, with the latest firmware, along with a really cool add-on that's rather unique!

-Kevin

You thinking about bringing them to the March club meeting? Please. :blush:

Well..........

I have the 3rd Alpha version mounted in my SpaceCowboy 75 at the moment, awaiting tomorrows launch. Jim Amos has tweaked these units even more for superior accuracy. This unit should be the final "Alpha" version, meaning that if all goes as expected, after this test round it will be ready for the Beta release.

The Beta will be the first actual limited "production" run. Just making sure there are no manufacturing deficiencies during production. Alphas were "hand" made in a sense. These are the real deal, same ones you will be able to purchase. There will be more fliers added to the team for final testing of the RRC3 & production version LCD unit.

The RRC3 is ready to fly out of the box, stick it in your rocket and go fly. Main at 500, mach immune, all terminals on board, even for switch wires. Use any battery from a 3.7 Lipo...9volt up to a 11.7 battery-pack. Remember there will be igniter boards, telemetry, GPS coming soon.

You can change main settings via a dip switch and the settings button. Putting dip #1 into the on postion & each click of button = 100 ft. push it 6 times...you've set main deploy for 600 ft.....that's it.

Now if using the LCD, which is powered by the RRC3, just plug it in [self explanatory] go to main setting, you'll actually see the main altitude setting on display....just push button till you get the altitude you want.That's all there is too it.

You can plug it in after flight and see all the data. Bright enough for daylight and has a brightness wheel on it for adjusting the contrast. Yes it does much, much more, but I'd be typing all day to give the details. Suffice to say any novice can use it do to simplicity.

Yes it has been taking a while to do so much intricate testing, but I believe in the long run, it's worth the wait. I don't think there has ever been so much involvement and test flying done before a new product release, by such a wide spectrum of fliers.
Guys on the team include IT fliers with a broad knowledge base in how the darn thing works & guys like me who beat the he$$ out of stuff & fly hard....and every type of flier in between.

Bottom line, the last of A testing in the next 3-4 weeks, then the B unit [final] another few weeks & all is in the home stretch!

After the initial re-lease, then all the add-on goodies will become reality, so everyone from "I just want a good altimeter for beginners" to the "I want it to do everything & play with my data" will be satisfied. You won't have to pay for any of the fancy stuff unless you want it!

After the week end I'll post some pics and report on the units functionality. As I sure the rest of the team will as it gets flown by them.

Okay, I'm sold. Might be just what the doctor ordered for me. Love my RRC2 mini.

Sounds great. Now if there was only software that wasn't WEENDOZE only to communicate with it. mDACS is a royal PITA to catch the cycling presence of the USB device.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Back