New Missileworks product in the works?!?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixontj93060

Reaction score
I will be patient and let Crazy Jim fill us in here, but suffice it to say, on Sunday at MWPX he took me over to his truck and showed me something very, VERY interesting that we may be seeing (in time) from Jim Amos at Missileworks. :clap:

'Tis true:cool2: A little birdy told me so...But, we will let Jim make the big reveal!:D

BTW Tim, what Jim showed you is a BETA version:wink:

Sorry Jon...not the beta The RRC3 is almost ready for release. Anyone who ever had & loved the RRC2 will be able to instantly relate to this one.

It's actually the alpha & worked great. One of the first things you notice is "how loud the beeps are!" I CAN ACTUALLY HEAR IT FROM SEVERAL FEET AWAY!!!!

After a brisk 14,000 ft flight. I heard it happily chirping out the altitude from 20 + feet away on the ground.

Finally a simple do it all simply, that us old geezers can relate to, but all the bells and whistles the youngsters want , by simply enabling those features.

I'll have to ask the boss if I can show ya pics of it yet.

But a teaser or 2 here: It can be altitude programmed on the field via dip switches[yep they are back only better] and a button or ya can hook it up to your laptop and do your thing OR
you can do nothing at all.

Just hook it up right out of the box [all needed terminal blocks are there including switch] deploys at 500 ft & is mach immune. Works on 3.7 LiPo's, 9v's or battery packs up to 14v. [ for all the other stuff coming]

More.....much more later! There will be a formal info/announcement at the appropriate time. Oh did I mention the price, embarrassingly reasonable.
I predict they will fly off the shelf, as well as in rockets!

Last edited:
Definitely a fan of the simple setup with the switches! Looking forward to seeing it and it being available!

I can not wait for this one. The RRC2 is a great product. The RRC3 is going to a greta one to carry on the legacy.

Jim left out a little piece that I think is really slick -- if you don't like messing with DIP switches, counting beeps, etc, there will be a removable LCD available. Plug it in to configure the altimeter, unplug to fly, then plug it back in afterwards and take a peek at what your rocket did.

Enough memory to store all the flights CJ makes in a day, too, without the need to download them in between flights.

When you hear the price tag for all this, your jaw is gonna smack the ground.

-Kevin

Jim left out a little piece that I think is really slick -- if you don't like messing with DIP switches, counting beeps, etc, there will be a removable LCD available. Plug it in to configure the altimeter, unplug to fly, then plug it back in afterwards and take a peek at what your rocket did.

Enough memory to store all the flights CJ makes in a day, too, without the need to download them in between flights.

That is very slick.

CJ had also mentioned some type of add-on board that extended the number and/or current carrying ability of those outputs.

-Kevin

All you ratbastards need to be taken out behind the woodshed and beaten within 15 meters of your life (see- I'm trying to go metric-nice touch , eh?) I *just* bought TWO mini rrc2's thinking "ohhhh, not making them anymore-need to snatch those up"! That makes 6 altimeters in the last two months. As least I know what I want for Christmas (no- not the Hello Kitty sandals-already got a pair on sale-Woot!) Gotta go- the chopper crew is here to LifeFlight my wallet to the nearest loan shark. Sign me up for all the bells and whistles if there is a waiting list (or a promise list, or a list that could include old guys like me with no common sense and too many altimeters) I don't care if I'm 497th on the list as long as your making 498 of 'em. God, i love this Forum!!

All you ratbastards need to be taken out behind the woodshed and beaten within 15 meters of your life (see- I'm trying to go metric-nice touch , eh?) I *just* bought TWO mini rrc2's thinking "ohhhh, not making them anymore-need to snatch those up"! That makes 6 altimeters in the last two months. As least I know what I want for Christmas (no- not the Hello Kitty sandals-already got a pair on sale-Woot!) Gotta go- the chopper crew is here to LifeFlight my wallet to the nearest loan shark. Sign me up for all the bells and whistles if there is a waiting list (or a promise list, or a list that could include old guys like me with no common sense and too many altimeters) I don't care if I'm 497th on the list as long as your making 498 of 'em. God, i love this Forum!!

^^ THIS!

:grin:

Well since everyone else dropping tid bits I might as well too! lol I'll have mine on board the Albatross for some data collecting as well come Red Glare. As stated the price is ridicules especially for the LCD peripheral.

Full disclosure: Four of us have these, and are working with Jim to test them out -- Blackjack2564, Gary T, atxcple and me.

Information will be coming as Jim Amos approves us to release it.

If you want to see one first-hand, find one of us at a launch.

-Kevin

Gary & I will have ours at Red Glare if anyone wants a look or has questions.

I will have it available for public viewing

..... of course have your people contact my people or his, for an exclusive appointment...LOL:lol:

[that's a joke folks, before I catch any]

It will be working hard at the Glare for rocket flights.

Don't let CJ convince you there's an admission fee for viewing, either!

I'm available for testing in Desert Storm conditions (apologies to Chuck!). I have an ISO OU812 certified lab and a clean room good for 10 microns or dead chickens and larger gravel, whichever comes first. Over here at TRF (Totally Random Fyrwrxz) we pride ourselves on our test-to-destruction facilities and have a proven track record. Our motto is: "We can make anythng idiot proof, so only idiots will use it" We hire only the worst so you can get real world feedback that captalizes and exploits every single fault in your product. Our marketing manager is second to all and we can supply data skewed the way YOU want it. We provide extra fast service and the remains are carefully bagged for shipping with as many pieces as we can recover. We use a really big magnet to get all the pieces back (proprietary information only, please) most of the time. Call us at 1-800-OU812 to see what we can do for you.

Last edited:

-Kevin

Me likey!

Removable LCD?? I LIKE! Cannot wait to hear about this one.

Just saw a few pictures...

My rocket electronics box has no more slots available -- definitely time to upgrade the box because two of these (plus auxiliary boards) are gonna need to go in there!

Gary & I will have ours at Red Glare if anyone wants a look or has questions.

The question then becomes, which one of you will be most instantly recognizable!!??

Arguments could be made for either one of you....

See you there!

G.D.

The question then becomes, which one of you will be most instantly recognizable!!??

Arguments could be made for either one of you....

A more appropriate question is which one do you least want to be seen in public with? Make that determination, then go find the other one.....and hope nobody gets any pictures to use against you, in the future!

Seriously, though, this are cool little units, and it'll be worth your time to take a peek.

-Kevin

CJ had also mentioned some type of add-on board that extended the number and/or current carrying ability of those outputs.

That would be the RRC3 igniter board. The RRC3 altimeter has plug & play receptacles built on. Just plug in the igniter board with 4 pyros [as I understand it] for air-starts---clusters---staging---powering LED's----camera's. [as well as a lot of other stuff coming]

Jim Amos will be along sometime to answer questions, when it gets closer to the release date.

I'm pretty confident this new RRC3 will do just about anything asked of it.

What would you like to know?
We will do our best to answer all .

But a teaser or 2 here: It can be altitude programmed on the field via dip switches[yep they are back only better] and a button or ya can hook it up to your laptop and do your thing OR
you can do nothing at all.

IOW, a laptop is not necessary at any point for operating this unit?

My jaw is still sore!:mad:

I don't have an exact figure..However, a little birdie tweeted outside my window that it will be <$80.00 for the base altimeter..LCD plug-in for <$45.00...

Hush..it's a secret:wink:

Latest posts

Back