Sumo on F40?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baldguy

Reaction score
I'm new to Rocksim but it says a Sumo with an F40w-4 will apogee at 141 feet. On Apogee's web site it says apogee at 540 ft. Which is correct? Am I making a mistake somewhere in Rocksim?

Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum! :)
Could you post the Rocksim file? Then some of us could take a look at it and see if there's anything off about it. That does seem like an oddly large discrepancy. :confused:

I just downloaded the rocksim file off apogee's site and got 540 feet. Did you download from another location? It's possible someone may have mod'd the file to fit thier own final build weight.

I just downloaded the file using your link and ran it using Open Rocket. Says 540ft. The 4 sec delay looks right as well....

Don't fly it on anything smaller than a G.
Asking for trouble!

It may work on the F if everything is perfect and ya build it super light.....that rarely happens.

Ya need some good thrust to make this bird fly true. It isn't going THAT high on a G anyhow.

I'm with Jim. For me to fly mine on an F, I'd need perfect conditions, no larger motors, and some bizarre imperative to fly that particular rocket on that particular motor. A Vmax, maybe (if I ever owned one)--but an F40? Eh.... pass.

Later!

--Coop

Well, I found the problem. My Barometric setting was set on 29.95 Bar!! Not inches of Merc. No wonder. All is right now. Thanke for the replies

Back