Secret Santa 2012!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
:hohoho:Secret Santa 2012:hohoho:
Once again it’s time for Secret Santa! Christmas time is fast approaching and all the elves here at the North Pole are busy working overtime to make sure all t
he good boys and girls get all the rockets, motors, and accessories they deserve.

:present:PAPA ELF SPECIAL::present:

To encourage more people to sign up and not wait till the last day, Papa Elf will send a special gift to one lucky participant. Every person who signs up will be entered in a drawing. Their name will be entered in the drawing on a daily basis starting the day they sign up, till Thanksgiving Day. So the sooner you sign up, the more entries you get! (note – if you want to opt out of the drawing, please let papa elf know when you submit your entry)

:tree:Rules::tree:
- DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF SENDING A GIFT
- Signup deadline will be Thanksgiving Day, Thursday November 22nd at 11:59pm. You will be contacted via e-mail with your recipients name, TRF handle, address, and wish list starting as early as November 24th.

-Feel free to post your wishlist within this thread too. It is fun to see what other people are wishing for.
-You are encouraged to to change your signature to advertise this event.

- Buy a gift for your recipient. How much you spend is optional, but typically most people spend about $20-$30 for their recipient. Participating vendors will be posted in another thread soon.
- Receive your gift.
- Christmas Morning - open your gift! Woe to the one that opens their gift early!
- Post whatcha got and guess who sent it.
- Respond to thank yous

:candy:How to Sign Up::candy:
If you want to participate, send an e-mail titled "SecretSanta" to gardei @ pvbi . edu (without the spaces). Note: the old n3tjm e-mail will still work.
In the e-mail, include the following information:

TRF Handle:
Address: (Contact Jim Flis if you need my address)
Phone #:
Wishlist:

Please start a new line for each field, this makes it easier to enter the data into Papa Elf's spread sheet of good boys and girls. Your Phone number will remain private, Papa Elf just needs it in case he needs to contact you.

Example:

N3tjm <Enter>
Douglas Gardei <Enter>
Somewhere St. <Enter> [Contact Jim Flis if you need my real address]
Somewhere, XX. XXXXX <Enter>
555-555-5555 <Enter>

Wishlist:
Aerotech &#8211; Delay Adjuster Tool. Arreaux, Cheetah, G-Force, Sumo

Estes: Air Commander, Alien Invader, Argent, Astron Sky Dart II, EPM 010, Blast Off Flight Pack, Blue Ninja. Cosmic Interceptor, Der Red Max, Designer Kit Special, Eliminator-E, Equinox, Executioner, Flutter-By, Fusion X25, HiFlier XL, Interceptor E, Jetliner Mini, Laser Lance, Leviathan, Load Star, Long Tom, Magician, Maxi Alpha 3, Magician, Maxi Alpha III, Mega Der Red Max, Mega Mosquito, Mini Max, MIRV, Nike Smoke, Outlander, Partisan, Phoenix Bird, Photon Probe, Plasma Probe, Red, Green, or Pink Crayon, Satellite Interceptor, Screaming Eagle, Solar Warrior, STM 012, Stormcaster, Stratocruiser, Super Neon, Super Neon XL, Space Eagle, Super Alpha, Vector Force, Ventris, V2, Xarconian Cruiser;

Fliskits: Buckshot, Celtic Thunder, Cut Away Model Rocket Motor, Decim8, dooDad, Journeyman, L-13, Mercury Redstone, Mako, Nantucket Sound, Nell, Proxima Centauri, Shadowloard, Trifecta;

Loc: Phoenix Barebone Kit;

Pemberton Technologies: Bucky Jones, King Kraken, Space Ark;

Semroc: Defender, Gehid, Midget, Mini Omega, Mini Optima, Moon Glo, Nomad, Omega Cineroc, Orbital Transport, PSC Infinity, Ranger, Starlight, Trident, U.S.S. America, Vector-V;

Quest C6-3, C6-5, D5-4 and D5-6 motors, 24pk igniters, Aerospace One, Full Betty, SHX Stilleto.

Other: CTI 24 1 grain case and closure; 2 CTI 38mm Spacers.
Pack of F24-4W and F35-5W&#8217;s from Hobbylinc.
Any G Reload from Hobbylinc (shortest delay)
2 CTI I470 Loads
2 J460 Blue Thunder loads :D

Anything from Wildman :D

Last edited:
Ill send my email when i get a chance to get my list together as well... im totally in on this...

Alright! I am in!!!
EMAIL SENT!
Matt
CTI:
Pro29 6g
Pro29 aft closure
Pro29 spacers
Pro29 Delay Adjuster Tool

Aerotech:
29/40-120 motor

Parts:
Body tubes (1.14, 2.56, 3, or 4) (Cardboard, phenolic, or bluetube)
Nose Cones (1.14, 2.56, 3, or 4)
29mm carbon fiber tube (12 inches)
Full length couplers

LOC kits (with 29mm or 38mm motor tubes). For example:
H45,
Weasel,
Onyx,
Hyperloc

Wildman Kits:
Jart
Blackhawk 29

Assorted:
Any laminating epoxy
Any working altimeter with deployment capabilities.
forged eyebolts
Extreme Rocketry magazines
Sheets of the thinnest G10 you can find.
Wildman Gift Certificate (Seriously, who doesn't?)

Last edited:
im in and will offer something special for this on my website

I'm in! Email sent.

Wish List:

Motor Hardware:
CTI:
1 x 38mm spacer (I already have one, just need another)
29mm 6G casing
38mm 6G casing
Pro 24 3G or 6G casing and closure.

Aerotech:
38/720 casing (casing only)
38/600 casing (casing only)
29mm HPR style stuff (casings, closures, seal discs, etc)
Reload Adaptor set (54mm)
Any 54 hardware (cases, closures, seal discs)

Kits:
Wildman: Darkstar Mini, Wild Child, Drago
Rocketry Warehouse: Formula 54, Lil Rascal
Madcow: Screetch, Batray (2.2in dia), Mozzie,
Loc Precision: Weasel, Legacy
Pem Tech: Kracken, King Kracken.
PML: Tiny Pterodactyl
Estes: Leviathan, D region tomahawk, Mega Mosquito

Building Supplies:
Any 38mm building components (NCs, BTs, couplers)
Full length couplers (for making FG tubes) any material
Any Misc. building components you might have lying around.
Motor mount tubes (I'm always running out of those)
Laminating epoxy
Fiberglass cloth
Carbon Fiber Cloth
Kevlar Cord (any diameter stuff works fine)

Other:
Adept 22 Altim
ANY working altimeter with dual deployment capabilities
"Rockets" Magazine articles.
Stuff to make homeade igniters

I'm saving up for the thing I'm going to give. Already have $25 and counting I'm hoping to spend +50$ on my victim.

Alex

When do we get the list of people who are participating? How many are in as of now?

I'll be in for sure. Going to have to get my list together later tonight and send the email.

When do we get the list of people who are participating? How many are in as of now?

be patient all in good time if this is your first year it is going to kill you when you get a rocketry package in november you cant open till december:impatient:

I'm in!!!!!!!!!

Wishlist:
rocketry warehouse:
-ADEPT 22 altimeter

Badazz Rockerty:
-Defender MK II

Estes rockets:
- Fletcher kit
-Mini Comanche 3 kit
-A10-0T Engines

Cesaroni:
- P38-1G Skidmark (G69) reloads

Wildman:
Anything :)

be patient all in good time if this is your first year it is going to kill you when you get a rocketry package in november you cant open till december:impatient:
Oh, god. This is gonna be tough.

"Hey mom! Where is the straightjacket, duct tape, gun safe, cop, and taser?"
Here's the plan. I stick myself in the straightjacket, wrap it with duct tape, throw the present in the gun safe, and put a cop in front of the gun safe with a taser. Foolproof!

Count me in!!

Anything Wildman or Baddazz (duh)

CTI:
54mm 2 grain case
54mm spacer
54mm DAT system
54mm closure
54mm Spacer
38mm 4 or 6xl cases
38mm spacers

Aerotech:
38/360 motor set
54/426 motor set

Anything Loki

Oh, god. This is gonna be tough.

"Hey mom! Where is the straightjacket, duct tape, gun safe, cop, and taser?"
Here's the plan. I stick myself in the straightjacket, wrap it with duct tape, throw the present in the gun safe, and put a cop in front of the gun safe with a taser. Foolproof!

Or you could just develop the will power knowing that early opening attracts the attack llamas....right Layne? :wink:

Braden

I'm in.

Wish list is short and sweet(er) this time.

Aeropack Retainers 29mm or 38mm,
Aeropack 24/29 Motor Adapter,
Aeropack 29/38mm Motor Adapter,
Altimeter One from Apogee Components,
BadAzz Defender MKII,
Madcow Mozzie

Last edited:
Why do I get this warm fuzzy feeling inside every time people sign up?

I'm in! This is my first year, and I am already pretty excited! And Matt, I am getting that same warm, fuzzy feeling!

Wishlist:

Aerotech: Any 29mm or 24mm reload (I have all cases), 24/40 motor hardware, 38/360 motor hardware, 38mm spacers

Cesaroni: Pro38 3 or 4 grain case, Pro38 spacers (if the cases are bought, I currently have no 38mm hardware)

Estes: 29mm motor retainers, V2, A8's, B6's, or D12 motors.

Loki: 38/240 or 38/480 motor hardware

Madcow: Scooter, Squat, Screech, DISCOVERY OR STRIKER(Pretty Please-Need a cheap 2.6 in payloader)

Wildman: Eagle Claw Mini (If it is to be...)

~1/8" kevlar, 9/16" tubular nylon, shock cord protectors

Laminating epoxy, relatively light Fiberglass cloth (2-6 oz), peel ply, beginner's stuff like that

Any Mid Power or L1 stuff is good to me! I like surprises!

Last edited:
Back