Rocketarium Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

top150

Reaction score
Question for all of you.
Have any of you guys built a rocketarium kit? Was it good quality, instructions decent, any complaints? I am looking for some scale kit and I see they have a decent amount and I just want to know if I can expect decent product from them.
Thanks in advanced.

There are a few reviews of Rocketarium products at RocketReviews.com:

https://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews-of-rocketarium-products.html

Spoiler alert ... all of the reviewed products received five stars in the overall rating.

I haven't personally bulit a Rocketarium kit yet, but have few in my "build pile." I can say ... just looking at the packaging and the parts, they seem to be of high-quality.

-- Roger

Last edited:
I bought the sporty scale Jayhawk with a special 50% coupon from my LHS so the price was right. The directions are OK - I made a bit of a mistake on the motor mount but the glue was still wet when I realized it so no one will ever know! Parts are OK, be sure to clean & lightly sand nosecone before painting. The Jayhawk is skill level 4 so not for a beginner but OK for your 4th or 5th kit. The clear stick on decals were OK. I am not a huge fan of the printed label decals provided and they work with very close trimming - but only if you are not a scale Prima Donna. The placement of the launch lug requires me to put the rocket on the rod and then the rod on the pad, but I just ell everyone that it is just advanced, skill level four flying. Flies fine on a D 12, nice and high on an F12.

I recently built the Little John. The kit had a few problems (which I will detail below) but none so significant to deter me from building other Rocketarium kits.

My biggest complaint is the quality of the die cut. There were places where the balsa obviously tore apart rather than it being a clean cut. A little spot putty and it was good to go.

I went with the red and white paint scheme like the face card and like some pics posted on this forum. But because the instructions did not include any information about how far down the red should go, I had to "eyeball" it. Then it required me to adjust the black adhesive trim accordingly, because the red went too far down the tube.

Not really a problem, but something to be aware of: the type of plastic used on the nose cone was a new to me. But by following the directions for how to prepare the plastic for painting, and a little spot putty for the mold marks, I got a nice finish.

Another thing to consider: the self-adhesive decals don't accept the Future top coat that great. I think next time I will use a different clear coat.

I flew my Little John with an 18mm D10-7 at Freedom Launch. It performed beautifully.

I just finished a Sandia Sandhawk. Like you, I'm definitely a fan of Scale. I have to say that I was fairly impressed with this kit. It's definitely Sport Scale, and I did add a few touches such as antennae and the fin adjustment band. I'll agree with the above comments about the NC material. It was different, but following the instructions, I didn't have any trouble finishing it. It's a good size, and a nice looking rocket!

Cheers,
Michael

Back