Wildman's Black Saturday Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to the whole Wildman Black Saturday sale, and I'm hoping to get my first fiberglass kit for Christmas this year, a Darkstar lite. What do I need to know? This is the first time I'll have dealt with Wildman, so it's all new...

I'm new to the whole Wildman Black Saturday sale, and I'm hoping to get my first fiberglass kit for Christmas this year, a Darkstar lite. What do I need to know? This is the first time I'll have dealt with Wildman, so it's all new...

Have you ever called in to a radio station to win concert tickets? It's kinda like that.

Have you ever called in to a radio station to win concert tickets? It's kinda like that.

I can't say I have, but I think I get what you're saying...
I take it he has a very limited stock of each sale item?

Some yes, some no.

No telling whether or not there will be a Darkstar Lite included in the sale, or not. Everyone finds out that morning at 6AM.

-Kevin

Some yes, some no.

No telling whether or not there will be a Darkstar Lite included in the sale, or not. Everyone finds out that morning at 6AM.

-Kevin

Thanks,
I'll cross my fingers and pray..
I'll certainly try to get involved in it this year!

My point was that it's hard just to get through.

Based on the last 2 years, you may have to wait a while for your order. Deals are awesome! Orders are overwhelming, and not everything is in stock. Last year got better. One supplier delay can slow your order down - The aerotech 38mm hardware starter kit was the slow item last year. This is the ONLY negative that upset a few new people. Knowing this, there should be no unpleasant surprizes. As they are preparing already, things will likely be faster and smoother than ever.

Based on the last 2 years, you may have to wait a while for your order. Deals are awesome! Orders are overwhelming, and not everything is in stock. Last year got better. One supplier delay can slow your order down - The aerotech 38mm hardware starter kit was the slow item last year. This is the ONLY negative that upset a few new people. Knowing this, there should be no unpleasant surprizes. As they are preparing already, things will likely be faster and smoother than ever.

Sounds really great, very cool!

Sounds really great, very cool!

New kits are often introduced. I got several each year at great prices. 3" Dark Star and 5" Jart were ones I got last year. All his kits are fiberglass. There were no limits, so I do not remember having to camp at the computer hoping to get the first order in or anything silly.

Also, join the Wildman club for better discounts. Especially if you plan to buy a lot.

My point was that it's hard just to get through.

Is the sale by phone order only? Or does the website slow to a crawl or crash?

Been holding out on buying my L1 cert kit waiting for this sale, so hoping what I want will be on sale and I'll be able to get it and save a few bucks.

Is the sale by phone order only? Or does the website slow to a crawl or crash?

It does get a bit slower, but it hasn't crashed.

I take care of Tim's website, and I babysit things during the sale, as well as monitor the forum in case folks have questions -- I'll answer what I can, as he and Jackie are busy taking phone orders.

Tim and Jackie also both take phone orders, and they have some elves helping them at the shop, as well as answering the Bat Phone we use to communicate while the sale is happening.

-Kevin

It does get a bit slower, but it hasn't crashed.

I take care of Tim's website, and I babysit things during the sale, as well as monitor the forum in case folks have questions -- I'll answer what I can, as he and Jackie are busy taking phone orders.

Tim and Jackie also both take phone orders, and they have some elves helping them at the shop, as well as answering the Bat Phone we use to communicate while the sale is happening.

-Kevin

Great - thanks for the response. High power - here I come!!

looking forward to this year

last year could only buy ABCDEFG

this year add HIJKL

:santa-smile:

This is the thread about last year (2012). To prevent confusion, I'm locking it.

If you want information about the 2013 Wildman Black Saturday sale, go to the 2013 thread.

-Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back