FANTASY SCALE - (Buck Rogers) Starfighter Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adrian

Reaction score
First there was the Centuri Buck Rogers Starfighter. Estes took over some of Centuri's models, including the Starfighter, but they presumably didn't get the Buck Rogers licence because they redecorated it overall black, gave it pseudo USAF stealth markings (and a black parachute), and renamed it the Blackhawk. I didn't know any of this history when I got my Blackhawk, but I thought it looked similar to the Buck Rogers fighter. Since I did not want stealth, I painted mine in an off-white scheme more like the Buck Rogers version in the hope that it would be found again. The stickers included markings round the nose tubes similar to the vents on the Buck Rogers fighter, but since they were supposed to go on a black model, they were printed in white and would not have shown up well on my off-white model, so I painted a black ring round each nose tube. The Blackhawk wasn't black any more, so I've simply called mine the Hawk. The non-stealth colour scheme and parachute appear to have worked as I still have the Hawk.

049hawk_small.jpg 050hawk_launch_small.jpg 051hawk_sky1_small.jpg

Just to clarify, yours is the Estes kit?

Welcome to the FANTASY SCALE (Buck Rogers) Starfighter Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the (Buck Rogers) Starfighter and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Centuri: Earth Forces Starfighter: #5335

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

See Also the Estes Blackhawk (#2053)

Last edited:
Centuri Earth Forces Starfighter (#5335) Basic Information.

centuri_engineering.gif
Centuri Engineering

MODEL NAME: Earth Forces Starfighter Also known as: Buck Rogers Starfighter, Starfighter

NUMBER: #5335

Introduced: 1979
Final Year: 1981
Designer:

Type: Exotic
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: Now a flying rocket powered model of Buck Roger's 25th Century interceptor. Details galore with authentic insignia and markings make it a super display model. Launches vertically to [remainder of text illegible] (Centuri 1979 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

centuri-starfighter%205335-1979%20cat.jpg
1979 Cataog

Face Card(s)

centuri-starfighter%205335-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

centuri-starfighter%205335-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back