MIM-23A/B Hawk Dimensions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thrustify

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been on the sidelines for about 5-6 years, and now I'm looking to get back into the obsession (er, hobby :D). Anyhow, I've been itching to build a big Hawk (7.5"+) The kits out there aren't suitable for what I've got in mind. Does anyone have or know where to find some good dimensional data/diagrams? Any help is appreciated! :cheers:

Eric

Have you considered grabbing the Rocksim for the Madcow versions and upscaling them?
You can easily use the scale function in Open Rocket for this purpose.
Another option is the book, 'Rockets of the World', or a web search.

Have Fun, Play Safe!
Terry

Last edited:
Eric,
How are the big kits "not suitable"? The polecat Hawk looks perfect for what you have in mind...
https://stores.whatsuphobby.com/-strse-2/Polecat-Aerospace-7.5"-Hawk/Detail.bok

Also, do you have experience in High Power Rocketry previously? Building a rocket that large for someone who hasnt built HPR before is very ambitious. Since you said that you were getting back into it, I'm assuming that you previously had a certification.

Good Luck,

Alex

Hi all, I've been on the sidelines for about 5-6 years, and now I'm looking to get back into the obsession (er, hobby :D). Anyhow, I've been itching to build a big Hawk (7.5"+) The kits out there aren't suitable for what I've got in mind. Does anyone have or know where to find some good dimensional data/diagrams? Any help is appreciated! :cheers:

Eric

Sorry, this is for a HAWK - A . . .Still might be helpful.

039.jpg

Back