NAR family membership?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek

Reaction score
Forgive my question, but I can't figure this out. Does NAR have a family membership? Some of the membership options have family next to them, but I think that means that you need at least one member with a full membership.

So if I wanted to join (adult at $62 per year) with two under 16 kids ($13 per) that would be $88, correct? Do I have to enroll the kids separately after I've received my nar #? I don't see any option to sign up multiple people at once.

Also, when does your membership expire? 365 days from enrollment date or december 31 (or some other date)?

Thanks for the help!

The way I read & understand the NAR website what you came up with would be correct. But if you click on the "fax or mail application" there is not a family option - family is only offered on the web app. Maybe they are working on that and it will be updated soon.

Last edited:
Your math is correct.

The important thing to understand is that only you will receive Sport Rocketry -- the discounted memberships are for additional members in a family, and only those who pay full price receive the magazine.

My 8 year old is on his second year of NAR membership -- I signed him up when they were giving out goodies for new members, and also because I thought he'd think it was cool to have a membership card. And he does.

Me? I'm a member of both NAR and Tripoli.

-Kevin

This is how I do it. Print out your App's, fill em out, send with a cover sheet and mail w/ CC#/Check/M.O. I have not tried Electronic App's yet. Also you will get 1 magazine per household. My kids fly with me once a year!(19 & working)

The NAR membership is for 365 days. The day they activate your membership will be your anniversary date. They send reminders to rejoin when it gets close.

thanks for the help everyone! I like the print out both applications and send them in approach. I don't see any other way to sign up an adult and child for new memberships online at the same time.

Back