Estes - (A-20) Demon (K-58 or #1258) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishhead

Huge Member
Reaction score
PD was great while they lasted, and A-20 Demon is one of my favorites kits that they offered.

140.jpg

PimpDaddyRocketryA-20Demonglamourshot.jpg

Rick usually does some of his test flights at ROCI's launches at the AMA in Muncie, so we get to see all of his new creations. I've only got the one so far, an N20 Demon. Built it before I had the sense to take pictures of my rockets before they were launched, so mine has a little bit of wear from landing on the tar at our launch site. Has flown great everytime out.

Post copied within gallery

100_1801a.jpg

100_0895a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Estes Demon (K-58 or #1258) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes Demon (K-58 or #1258) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Demon: K-58 or #1258
New Way: N-20 Demon:
PD Rocketry: A-20 Demon:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Demon (K-58 or #1258) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Demon Also known as: A-20 Demon

NUMBER: K-58 or #1258

Introduced: 1971
Final Year: 1979
Designer: Wayne Kellner

Type: Sport, Payload
Motor Mount: 1x24mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 26.5"
Diameter: 1.325"
Span:
Weight: 2.75oz

Mfg. Description: Use "D" power (or other engines with an EM-2050 Adapter) on this new NASA research type vehicle. Comes with easy-to-see bright silver press-on foil trim. When applied to the payload section, the trim actually acts as a flashing beacon to help you in in-flight tracking and recovery of the Demon. Makes it a perfect bird for high altitude experimentation. Kit includes two-color decals and parachute recovery. (Estes 1971 Fall Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

estes%20-%20demon%20k58%20-%201971%20cat%20fall.jpg
1971 Fall Catalog

Face Card(s)

estes%20-%20demon%20k58%20-%20face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

estes%20-%20demon%20k58%20-%20instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
New Way N-20 Demon Basic Information.

newway_space_logo.gif
New Way Space Models

MODEL NAME: N-20 Demon Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, Payload
Length: 26.50" (67.31 cm)
Diameter: 1.33" (3.38 cm)
Span:
Weight: 4.20 oz (119.07 g)

Mfg. Description: N-20 Demon - A secret payload tops this awesome researcher. With silver foil trim and tons of details, the devil is truly in the decals. (New Way 2011 Catalog)

=====​

In 1971, Estes issued the A-20 Demon rocket kit. It was an instant classic because it looked like a real missile. Forty years later NewWay Space Models has created a "squared-off" versions called the N-20 Demon that takes the classic, and increases it geometrically. You'll LOVE it!

The cool thing about it, the rocket has a square payload bay, so you can launch square electronic payloads. How about an AltimeterTwo so you can see how high and fast this rocket flies?

When seeing your rocket for the first time, your friends will ask: "A square rocket? Does it really fly?" Of course it flies, and does so like any of your other rockets. The only difference is that this one has square sides. Sure, it may not be as efficient as a round one, but it is so different, that you'll just have to try it out.

As you show off the rockets to the doubters, you'll explain to them that really the only thing that is different is the components are squared off, instead of being round. It starts with the body tube. It is a paper tube, just like the round cylinders used on a traditional rocket. So it doesn't require any different tool or construction techniques that you've used in the past.

The spiral-would paper has been applied over a a square shaft instead of a round one. The only difference is that it doesn't have the shiny glassine coating on the outer surface, and that there is a slight overlap of the paper. This has one advantage, in that there are no gaps between the edges of the paper. To get a smooth surface, you can sand off the overlap instead of filling the spirals in the tubes.

It even has a square launch lug!

But don't let that concern you. The lug is sized properly so that a round launch rod will slide easily through it. That way, you can still use your traditional launch pad - so it really doesn't need any special equipment.

And yes, it does use regular "round" rocket motors. The only part this round in the kit is the motor mount tube, so you will still use traditional motors too.

If you want a different rocket, then the NewWay N-20 Demon is the one for you. Get one today by clicking on the "Add to Cart" button at the top of this page. You'll be glad you did! (Apogee 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

new%20way%20-%20n20%20demon%20-%202011%20cat.jpg
2011 Catalog

new%20way%20-%20n20%20demon%20-%202012%20web%20apogee.jpg
2012 Apogee Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

new%20way%20-%20n20%20demon%20-%20instr%201.jpg

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:

Mine is the PD Rocketry version. This was far and away the coolest kit I bought from them before they did their disappearing act.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mine is the PD Rocketry version. This was far and away the coolest kit I bought from them before they did their disappearing act.

Can you give me any information on this company? url? approx dates? type of product line?

Here's my downscale A-20 Demon.

A20 Demon Downscale 009_WEB.jpg

It's BT-20 based and stands 14 3/8" tall.
It flys with 13mm engines, usually a A3-4t.

All decor is printed on the cardstock wraps.
The chrome areas are simulated in gray tones.
The fins are three-ply - (1) printed cardstock (2) cereal box cardboard (3) printed cardstock.
The nose cone is from Semroc, BNC-20AM

If anybody would like the PDF to make your own downscale of the DEMON, email me at:
[email protected]
and ask for the Demon PDF.

Can you give me any information on this company? url? approx dates? type of product line?
Pimp Daddy Rocketry....they sold Estes clones like Cherokee D, A-20 Demon, Gemini Titan, Orbital Transport, as well as others. They were around somewhere around 2005-2007. They disappeared, maybe because of the California fires? Can't remember the details, maybe a son was supposed to take over and never came back. From what I had seen from posts, they had nice materials.

Pimp Daddy Rocketry....they sold Estes clones like Cherokee D, A-20 Demon, Gemini Titan, Orbital Transport, as well as others. They were around somewhere around 2005-2007. They disappeared, maybe because of the California fires? Can't remember the details, maybe a son was supposed to take over and never came back. From what I had seen from posts, they had nice materials.

I appreciate the info.

I know it's a long shot, but if you still have a face card, instructions, catalog, etc. I would like to scan them (at my expense) and return them to you.

PD Rocketry A-20 Demon Basic Information.

pd_rocketry.gif
Pimp Daddy Rocketry (PD Rocketry)

MODEL NAME: A-20 Demon Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, Payload, Clone
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: DESC

Advertising Liveries

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:

When they disappeared, they did so owing quite a few people product. As far as I know, none of the money was ever returned. They had a great selection of kits. I think I wound up with the Demon, USS Atlantis, Starlab, Space Station Aquarius and SS Cassiopeia. The USS Atlantis still has yet to fly.

I appreciate the info.

I know it's a long shot, but if you still have a face card, instructions, catalog, etc. I would like to scan them (at my expense) and return them to you.

I'll look around and see if I have any of the hang tags left. If I remember correctly, the instructions were just scans of the originals with the Estes logos blanked out. I don't remember face cards, but this was pretty far back.

I'll look around and see if I have any of the hang tags left. If I remember correctly, the instructions were just scans of the originals with the Estes logos blanked out. I don't remember face cards, but this was pretty far back.

Any and all info is greatly appreciated

rocket pictures 2 2015 058.jpgI made one of the downscales using a BT-20 and paper wrap. I found it on The Rocketry Blog, under the Ultimate Paper Rocket Guide, and click on Bob Harrington's Mini Rocket Clones. I would add a link, but I am barely computer literate.:confused:

I am in the process of refurbishing an original that last flew in 1975-76 time frame.

Pyro1962

Back