Sheri's Hot Rockets???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

comet

Reaction score
Hello, I bought one of Sheri's Hot Rockets (Gemini Titan) on the 11th of April on ebay. So far I didn't get the rocket. I paid 270 bucks for this rocket and I would like to know if anybody knows something about this vendor. I tried to contact her on ebay weeks ago but she didn't answer. I'm worrying very very much...
:mad: :mad: :mad: :confused2: :jaw:

I had received an e-mail from her a few weeks back, she did say her family was in a move. Don't know where, so that could be the reason.

That seems like a bit extreme so something must be up........the move sounds plausible. I've got several of the CJS Aviation kits and she does say right up front that it takes a while to get the kits shipped. I think she only kits a couple at a time when they are on order. Sheri is straight-up about her kits so if she hasn't answered, there must be a good reason. Try posting over on Rocketry Planet and see if she responds. I don’t see her posting here much anymore :rolleyes:

I've done business with Sheri on several occasions and can assure you that things should be OK. She is involved in a move. Coupled with that, the Gemini is one of the kits that takes extra time to put together.

Keep trying with the email every couple of days.

I've done business with Sheri on several occasions and can assure you that things should be OK. She is involved in a move. Coupled with that, the Gemini is one of the kits that takes extra time to put together.

Keep trying with the email every couple of days.

Absolutely! I saw her Gemini Titan up close recently at a model rocket contest several months ago at JSC (built by Lannie Philips) and it's a real beauty! Looks to me that it has thousands of parts....

And that's her Apollo Little Joe - II model, too. Lannie built his to model one of the later rounds.....

Yes, the Gemini takes awhile to ship, I think mine took a month or so. She is probably being slowed down by the move.

Comet You have my sympathy. It's frustrating when E-bay vendors don't deliver. Their feedback shows they've honored their word for others but not you. You can't help but wonder, Why Me?
On the other hand, how long does shipping normally take from the U.S. to Germany? I'd guess you were trying to get some confirmation of shipping from her and that's when the e-mails stopped? If someone is moving or not, checking their e-mail isn't that difficult. Someone has obviously put a great deal of time and effort into designing Sheri's kits. It's a shame that customer service doesn't get as much attention. Ted

I didn't see you were from Germany.

When I ordered mine, I never got an E-mail saying it was shipped. It wasn't a problem for me, I got it one day. Yours might have been shipped awhile ago, and it's still on the way.

Hello, I bought one of Sheri's Hot Rockets (Gemini Titan) on the 11th of April on ebay. So far I didn't get the rocket. I paid 270 bucks for this rocket and I would like to know if anybody knows something about this vendor. I tried to contact her on ebay weeks ago but she didn't answer. I'm worrying very very much...
:mad: :mad: :mad: :confused2: :jaw:

Sorry for the problems you are having. Yes, I am involved in moving my family, household and business 3000 miles overseas back to Hawaii and it takes a lot of time for the stuff to get here via Ocean barge so I will be shipping all orders out when I get everything here. However, I will be doing this full time now once I am settled and should help eliminate the longer lead times I have been having to deal with. The Gem-Titan does usually take longer due to the Al nozzles having low priority on the CNC machine I use. But dont worry, I do have several orders I am waiting for my stuff to arrive(via slowboat to China, it seems) so I can get caught up.. Thanks for your understanding and patience.....Sheri

Yes, I am involved in moving my family, household and business 3000 miles overseas back to Hawaii and it takes a lot of time for the stuff to get here via Ocean barge.....Sheri

Sounds like a military move......what branch?

Sorry for the problems you are having. Yes, I am involved in moving my family, household and business 3000 miles overseas back to Hawaii and it takes a lot of time for the stuff to get here via Ocean barge so I will be shipping all orders out when I get everything here. However, I will be doing this full time now once I am settled and should help eliminate the longer lead times I have been having to deal with. The Gem-Titan does usually take longer due to the Al nozzles having low priority on the CNC machine I use. But dont worry, I do have several orders I am waiting for my stuff to arrive(via slowboat to China, it seems) so I can get caught up.. Thanks for your understanding and patience.....Sheri

Sheri, great to hear you again!! I knew you would come through. Just like the way I told these guys. Had no idea you were moving to Hawaii, but that should be paradise compared to Arizona! Take care and let us know how things go. Remember you have a lot of supporters here.....:D;)

I'm sure Hawaii is very similar to Arizona..
Sun, sand, more sun, and more sand.
The only real difference is ..
You eventually find an ocean!!

haha, couldn't resist!!
Reminded me of that Bugs bunny episode.. he jumps out of his hole, runnig for the beach.. And soon realizes (with a Bugs comment) that there is more beach than water.. He's in the middle east somewhere..

I'm sure Hawaii is very similar to Arizona..
Sun, sand, more sun, and more sand.
The only real difference is ..
You eventually find an ocean!!

haha, couldn't resist!!
Reminded me of that Bugs bunny episode.. he jumps out of his hole, runnig for the beach.. And soon realizes (with a Bugs comment) that there is more beach than water.. He's in the middle east somewhere..

"Must have taken a wrong toin at Albaquoikey!" :D

Sheri, remember I still have a balnce due on the last order.
Please ship as soon as you can.

Thanks

Steve @cdi

Sheri, thanks for your answer. I didn't expect to hear from you here. Of course I understand that you are very busy now but why don't you at least respond to the emails of your customers? :confused: If I had known that you are involved in a move I would not have had to worry. I want to remind you that I paid $270 for this kit. That is much money for me. VERY much. And for that amount of money I can at least expect an answer to my emails (IMHO)...
Anyway, I ask you to be honest. If you can't deliver anymore, PLEASE give me back my money! :( If you can deliver, when do you expect my order to be shipped?
Thanks!

Sheri, thanks for your answer. I didn't expect to hear from you here. Of course I understand that you are very busy now but why don't you at least respond to the emails of your customers? :confused: If I had known that you are involved in a move I would not have had to worry. I want to remind you that I paid $270 for this kit. That is much money for me. VERY much. And for that amount of money I can at least expect an answer to my emails (IMHO)...
Anyway, I ask you to be honest. If you can't deliver anymore, PLEASE give me back my money! :( If you can deliver, when do you expect my order to be shipped?
Thanks!

Comet,

I dont even know who you are other than your username, can you pm me your info and I can check on your order? I do respond to my emails, so if you can email me at: [email protected] as well I can check out if I have any from you...Thanks...Sheri

I suppose it was bound to happen eventually but its not going to continue on my watch.

Everyone: read and understand; ignore at your peril:

A valuable service of TRF is the ability of customers and vendors to find out about each other, their reputations and their ways of handling problems. That being said, there is a right way and a wrong way to do this.

Clients may post complaints, if they stick to facts of which they have personal experience. They may not post personal assaults.

The same reciprocity is expected of vendors. They may respond with facts but not with personal attacks.

These complaints/queries/responses SHALL be kept in the appropriate thread in the appropriate section. Hijacking other threads, even with tangential relevance, will NOT be tolerated.

TRF is not empowered nor does it seek to be the arbiter of disputes. That is for the relevant civil and (hopefully not) criminal jurisdictions.

Posting of private communications is in bad taste and a violation of law in many jurisdictions. DON"T reveal private communications.

Any violation of these principles will result in infractions and/or the banning of either party. People will remain civil here. If you must fight, take it elsewhere.

TRF reserves the right to modify and ammend these priciples as needed. We do not want to be the heavies but neither will we allow ourselves to be blindsided by unforseen loopholes.

If anyone has any questions, send me a PM.:dark:

I paid the $ 620.00 SHER

Don't you just love these "I called the police and they said the seller had X number of days to produce or be arrested".

It's a crock.

First, since its interstate, it would have to be the FBI. Second, its a civil matter, not criminal, no matter how bad you might feel. The FBI is NOT going to chase someone down for a bad internet auction when the money amount, to them, is actually very low.

I find them comedic, but yet at the same time rather sad.

Folks, I'm going to go ahead and close this one as it's getting nasty.

This is a situation is now between Joao and Sheri.

Also, please be aware that Joao is a citizen of another country and is not familiar with how our laws apply or how they work - as many of us are not aware of the laws in his country. He never stated that anyone would be arrested. Second of all, Joao never mentioned anything related to 'interstate' or 'FBI'. Thirdly, he never stated it was an internet auction, it may have been a direct sale off of the web site.

Time to move on . . .

Folks, I'm going to go ahead and close this one as it's getting nasty.

This is a situation now between Joao and Sheri.

Also, please be aware that Joao is a citizen of another country and is not familiar with how our laws apply or how they work - as many of us are not aware of the laws in his country. He never stated that anyone would be arrested. Second of all, Joao never mentioned anything related to 'interstate' or 'FBI'. Thirdly, he never stated it was an internet auction, it may have been a direct sale off of the web site.

Time to move on . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back