Quantcast
Sheri's Hot Rockets???
Missile Works Giveaway!
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    Sheri's Hot Rockets???

    Hello, I bought one of Sheri's Hot Rockets (Gemini Titan) on the 11th of April on ebay. So far I didn't get the rocket. I paid 270 bucks for this rocket and I would like to know if anybody knows something about this vendor. I tried to contact her on ebay weeks ago but she didn't answer. I'm worrying very very much...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    18th January 2009
    Location
    Katy, TX (just west of Houston, TX)
    Posts
    298
    I had received an e-mail from her a few weeks back, she did say her family was in a move. Don't know where, so that could be the reason.
    Dave, NAR # 21853 SR.,
    Section Advisor
    Old Rocketeers # 724

  3. #3
    Join Date
    18th January 2009
    Location
    I shoulda made a left...
    Posts
    429
    That seems like a bit extreme so something must be up........the move sounds plausible. I've got several of the CJS Aviation kits and she does say right up front that it takes a while to get the kits shipped. I think she only kits a couple at a time when they are on order. Sheri is straight-up about her kits so if she hasn't answered, there must be a good reason. Try posting over on Rocketry Planet and see if she responds. I donít see her posting here much anymore
    Bravo52
    --------
    Jerry Little
    TRA #11767
    Level 1

  4. #4
    Join Date
    18th January 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    11,822
    I've done business with Sheri on several occasions and can assure you that things should be OK. She is involved in a move. Coupled with that, the Gemini is one of the kits that takes extra time to put together.

    Keep trying with the email every couple of days.
    __________________
    John A. Lee O.S.L.
    Alamo Rocketeers NAR Section 661
    NAR 87285, L1 8 March 2008
    TRA 03040, L1 8 March 2008

    Photos of the "Fleet": http://www.flickr.com/photos/23694991@N03/

    I used to tell Mom, "...I want to fly rockets when I grow up!"

    She said, "Make up your mind, you can't do both!"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    18th January 2009
    Location
    Katy, TX (just west of Houston, TX)
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by JAL3 View Post
    I've done business with Sheri on several occasions and can assure you that things should be OK. She is involved in a move. Coupled with that, the Gemini is one of the kits that takes extra time to put together.

    Keep trying with the email every couple of days.
    Absolutely! I saw her Gemini Titan up close recently at a model rocket contest several months ago at JSC (built by Lannie Philips) and it's a real beauty! Looks to me that it has thousands of parts....

    And that's her Apollo Little Joe - II model, too. Lannie built his to model one of the later rounds.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Open & Regional Double Header @ JSC 004.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	8006   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Open & Regional Double Header @ JSC 008.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	8007   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Open & Regional Double Header @ JSC 009.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	8008  
    Dave, NAR # 21853 SR.,
    Section Advisor
    Old Rocketeers # 724

  6. #6
    Join Date
    18th January 2009
    Location
    Purdue University
    Posts
    803
    Yes, the Gemini takes awhile to ship, I think mine took a month or so. She is probably being slowed down by the move.
    Brian Smith

    "Shoot for the moon, because even if you miss, you might see an explosion."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    29th April 2009
    Location
    Calgary,Alberta,Canada
    Posts
    290
    Comet You have my sympathy. It's frustrating when E-bay vendors don't deliver. Their feedback shows they've honored their word for others but not you. You can't help but wonder, Why Me?
    On the other hand, how long does shipping normally take from the U.S. to Germany? I'd guess you were trying to get some confirmation of shipping from her and that's when the e-mails stopped? If someone is moving or not, checking their e-mail isn't that difficult. Someone has obviously put a great deal of time and effort into designing Sheri's kits. It's a shame that customer service doesn't get as much attention. Ted

  8. #8
    Join Date
    18th January 2009
    Location
    Purdue University
    Posts
    803
    I didn't see you were from Germany.

    When I ordered mine, I never got an E-mail saying it was shipped. It wasn't a problem for me, I got it one day. Yours might have been shipped awhile ago, and it's still on the way.
    Brian Smith

    "Shoot for the moon, because even if you miss, you might see an explosion."

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by comet View Post
    Hello, I bought one of Sheri's Hot Rockets (Gemini Titan) on the 11th of April on ebay. So far I didn't get the rocket. I paid 270 bucks for this rocket and I would like to know if anybody knows something about this vendor. I tried to contact her on ebay weeks ago but she didn't answer. I'm worrying very very much...
    Sorry for the problems you are having. Yes, I am involved in moving my family, household and business 3000 miles overseas back to Hawaii and it takes a lot of time for the stuff to get here via Ocean barge so I will be shipping all orders out when I get everything here. However, I will be doing this full time now once I am settled and should help eliminate the longer lead times I have been having to deal with. The Gem-Titan does usually take longer due to the Al nozzles having low priority on the CNC machine I use. But dont worry, I do have several orders I am waiting for my stuff to arrive(via slowboat to China, it seems) so I can get caught up.. Thanks for your understanding and patience.....Sheri

  10. #10
    Join Date
    18th January 2009
    Location
    I shoulda made a left...
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheri View Post
    Yes, I am involved in moving my family, household and business 3000 miles overseas back to Hawaii and it takes a lot of time for the stuff to get here via Ocean barge.....Sheri
    Sounds like a military move......what branch?
    Bravo52
    --------
    Jerry Little
    TRA #11767
    Level 1

  11. #11
    Join Date
    18th January 2009
    Location
    Katy, TX (just west of Houston, TX)
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheri View Post
    Sorry for the problems you are having. Yes, I am involved in moving my family, household and business 3000 miles overseas back to Hawaii and it takes a lot of time for the stuff to get here via Ocean barge so I will be shipping all orders out when I get everything here. However, I will be doing this full time now once I am settled and should help eliminate the longer lead times I have been having to deal with. The Gem-Titan does usually take longer due to the Al nozzles having low priority on the CNC machine I use. But dont worry, I do have several orders I am waiting for my stuff to arrive(via slowboat to China, it seems) so I can get caught up.. Thanks for your understanding and patience.....Sheri
    Sheri, great to hear you again!! I knew you would come through. Just like the way I told these guys. Had no idea you were moving to Hawaii, but that should be paradise compared to Arizona! Take care and let us know how things go. Remember you have a lot of supporters here.....
    Dave, NAR # 21853 SR.,
    Section Advisor
    Old Rocketeers # 724

  12. #12
    Join Date
    5th February 2009
    Location
    Montreal, Qweebec
    Posts
    649
    I'm sure Hawaii is very similar to Arizona..
    Sun, sand, more sun, and more sand.
    The only real difference is ..
    You eventually find an ocean!!

    haha, couldn't resist!!
    Reminded me of that Bugs bunny episode.. he jumps out of his hole, runnig for the beach.. And soon realizes (with a Bugs comment) that there is more beach than water.. He's in the middle east somewhere..

  13. #13
    Join Date
    18th January 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    1,758
    Quote Originally Posted by dr wogz View Post
    I'm sure Hawaii is very similar to Arizona..
    Sun, sand, more sun, and more sand.
    The only real difference is ..
    You eventually find an ocean!!

    haha, couldn't resist!!
    Reminded me of that Bugs bunny episode.. he jumps out of his hole, runnig for the beach.. And soon realizes (with a Bugs comment) that there is more beach than water.. He's in the middle east somewhere..
    "Must have taken a wrong toin at Albaquoikey!"
    Greg Poehlein

    Member of Launch Crue - http://launchcrue.org/

    Hint #1: Do not use magician's flash paper for recovery wadding!

    Hint #2: Clean your shoes after flyin' in that cow pasture - that ain't no dirt clod on the sole!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    7th February 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    311

    Rocket Order

    Sheri, remember I still have a balnce due on the last order.
    Please ship as soon as you can.


    Thanks

    Steve @cdi

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheri View Post
    Sorry for the problems you are having. Yes, I am involved in moving my family, household and business 3000 miles overseas back to Hawaii and it takes a lot of time for the stuff to get here via Ocean barge so I will be shipping all orders out when I get everything here. However, I will be doing this full time now once I am settled and should help eliminate the longer lead times I have been having to deal with. The Gem-Titan does usually take longer due to the Al nozzles having low priority on the CNC machine I use. But dont worry, I do have several orders I am waiting for my stuff to arrive(via slowboat to China, it seems) so I can get caught up.. Thanks for your understanding and patience.....Sheri
    Sheri, thanks for your answer. I didn't expect to hear from you here. Of course I understand that you are very busy now but why don't you at least respond to the emails of your customers? If I had known that you are involved in a move I would not have had to worry. I want to remind you that I paid $270 for this kit. That is much money for me. VERY much. And for that amount of money I can at least expect an answer to my emails (IMHO)...
    Anyway, I ask you to be honest. If you can't deliver anymore, PLEASE give me back my money! If you can deliver, when do you expect my order to be shipped?
    Thanks!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by comet View Post
    Sheri, thanks for your answer. I didn't expect to hear from you here. Of course I understand that you are very busy now but why don't you at least respond to the emails of your customers? If I had known that you are involved in a move I would not have had to worry. I want to remind you that I paid $270 for this kit. That is much money for me. VERY much. And for that amount of money I can at least expect an answer to my emails (IMHO)...
    Anyway, I ask you to be honest. If you can't deliver anymore, PLEASE give me back my money! If you can deliver, when do you expect my order to be shipped?
    Thanks!
    Comet,

    I dont even know who you are other than your username, can you pm me your info and I can check on your order? I do respond to my emails, so if you can email me at: sheriw@cjsaviation.com as well I can check out if I have any from you...Thanks...Sheri

  17. #17
    Join Date
    18th January 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    11,822
    I suppose it was bound to happen eventually but its not going to continue on my watch.

    Everyone: read and understand; ignore at your peril:

    A valuable service of TRF is the ability of customers and vendors to find out about each other, their reputations and their ways of handling problems. That being said, there is a right way and a wrong way to do this.

    Clients may post complaints, if they stick to facts of which they have personal experience. They may not post personal assaults.

    The same reciprocity is expected of vendors. They may respond with facts but not with personal attacks.

    These complaints/queries/responses SHALL be kept in the appropriate thread in the appropriate section. Hijacking other threads, even with tangential relevance, will NOT be tolerated.

    TRF is not empowered nor does it seek to be the arbiter of disputes. That is for the relevant civil and (hopefully not) criminal jurisdictions.

    Posting of private communications is in bad taste and a violation of law in many jurisdictions. DON"T reveal private communications.

    Any violation of these principles will result in infractions and/or the banning of either party. People will remain civil here. If you must fight, take it elsewhere.

    TRF reserves the right to modify and ammend these priciples as needed. We do not want to be the heavies but neither will we allow ourselves to be blindsided by unforseen loopholes.


    If anyone has any questions, send me a PM.
    __________________
    John A. Lee O.S.L.
    Alamo Rocketeers NAR Section 661
    NAR 87285, L1 8 March 2008
    TRA 03040, L1 8 March 2008

    Photos of the "Fleet": http://www.flickr.com/photos/23694991@N03/

    I used to tell Mom, "...I want to fly rockets when I grow up!"

    She said, "Make up your mind, you can't do both!"

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Joao Muniz View Post
    I paid the $ 620.00 SHER

    Don't you just love these "I called the police and they said the seller had X number of days to produce or be arrested".

    It's a crock.

    First, since its interstate, it would have to be the FBI. Second, its a civil matter, not criminal, no matter how bad you might feel. The FBI is NOT going to chase someone down for a bad internet auction when the money amount, to them, is actually very low.

    I find them comedic, but yet at the same time rather sad.
    There is only one thing that is impossible for a Vorlon to understand - How to change the IRQ setting on any DOS computer.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    5th January 2009
    Location
    St. Peters MO
    Posts
    2,146
    Folks, I'm going to go ahead and close this one as it's getting nasty.

    This is a situation is now between Joao and Sheri.

    Also, please be aware that Joao is a citizen of another country and is not familiar with how our laws apply or how they work - as many of us are not aware of the laws in his country. He never stated that anyone would be arrested. Second of all, Joao never mentioned anything related to 'interstate' or 'FBI'. Thirdly, he never stated it was an internet auction, it may have been a direct sale off of the web site.

    Time to move on . . .

  20. #20
    Join Date
    5th January 2009
    Location
    St. Peters MO
    Posts
    2,146
    Folks, I'm going to go ahead and close this one as it's getting nasty.

    This is a situation now between Joao and Sheri.

    Also, please be aware that Joao is a citizen of another country and is not familiar with how our laws apply or how they work - as many of us are not aware of the laws in his country. He never stated that anyone would be arrested. Second of all, Joao never mentioned anything related to 'interstate' or 'FBI'. Thirdly, he never stated it was an internet auction, it may have been a direct sale off of the web site.

    Time to move on . . .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •