Art Applewhite - Pinwheel Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
One of Art's newer creations is the Pinwheel. He released it first as a free MMX download but is selling kits now, at least for 18mm size.

Its a simple build and performs as advertized. Mine had its maiden out in Dallas with lots of Scouts in attendance who had a hard time believe that I really had a rocket.

I now present my 18mm Pinwheel!

pinwheel-f2-a.jpg

pinwheel-f2-g.jpg

const-20.jpg

const-19.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the Applewhite Pinwheel Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Art Applewhite Pinwheel and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Art Applewhite: Pinwheel (18mm):

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Applwhite Pinwheel (18mm) Basic Information.

art_applewhite.gif
Art Applewhite Rockets

MODEL NAME: Pinwheel (18mm) Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced: 2012
Final Year:
Designer: Art Applewhite

Type: Oddroc
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Helicopter
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description:

Advertising Liveries

applewhite%20-%2018mm%20pinwheel-%202012%20web%20livery.jpg
2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
One of Art's newer creations is the Pinwheel. He released it first as a free MMX download but is selling kits now, at least for 18mm size.

Its a simple build and performs as advertized. Mine had its maiden out in Dallas with lots of Scouts in attendance who had a hard time believe that I really had a rocket.

Please Note: I heard from Art. I flew mine upside down. It still worked great but would have worked better (spun more) if I had gotten it rightside up. Don't let this happen to you!

looks nice to me i just want to know whether they are available in market for sale. if yes then where can i get it and also what is the price range of these pinwheel

Please Note: I heard from Art. I flew mine upside down. It still worked great but would have worked better (spun more) if I had gotten it rightside up. Don't let this happen to you!

I would have flow flat side up myself. Thanks.

Kollár;421051 said:
looks nice to me i just want to know whether they are available in market for sale. if yes then where can i get it and also what is the price range of these pinwheel
As John Lee said, they are available exclusively on the Pinwheel page of my web site. However the price range is from $5 to $10 per kit depending on motor size (18 mm or 24 mm) and color. Most orders are shipped within 24 hours by Priority Mail.

I ship to Canada, unfortunately for orders under $100 in total, there is an additional $21.75, Global Priority shipping fee, per order. This extra fee is handled at check out and only covers my actual cost for postage and is less that for other international orders. See my International Shipping page for details.

One way to mitigate these fees is to order more than one kit or get a group order together so that the extra cost per kit is divided up. This is the sort of thing that is done when ordering rocket motors, to help mitigate the HAZMAT ($27.50) fees here in the US.

Art Applewhite
www.artapplewhite.com

Back