Bubba's P MAN-527 24mm MINDI

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba02STi

Reaction score
This is my attempt at MINDI... wish me luck...

Estes 24mm BT
PNC24c (Apogee)
designed to fly all 24mm motors

I understand the need to keep these as light as possible but im not trying to break any records so this one will have a nice livery on it... but the general concensious here is the same... I am going to try and use the bare amount of materials i can possibly get away with... motor retention will be friction fit or with tape on the end... as you can see in the OR file i have it set up so the motor will overhang the BT a bit so i can use tape to hold it in... still deciding on recovery

PMAN-527.jpg

View attachment P MAN-527.ork

I started building her tonight... earlier today i went to apogee to pick up the nose cones and decided i would go with balsa over bass wood .. so i got the balsa while i was there too... i already had the bt so i picked some other sruff i needed to do my 54mm mpr build as well...

Anyway on with build...

I feel like MINDI is an incomplete rocket... i have the thrust ring waiting in my build box so it isnt pictured... im waiting to install that until i know far i want the motor in

20121022_173852.jpg

I decided i would just measure out and cut each fin individually since i am using 1/8" balsa... i left them a hair bigger then needed so i could sand them down

20121022_180259.jpg

and now they are glued on

20121022_182403.jpg

I still have the thrust ring 3/16" launch lug and recovery to install... I also have some clay that I will be adding to the nose cone after i have it finished and get a final weight and CG

later tonight i will get the launch lug and start on the fillets...

I would put it 90mm from the aft end and use a 25 mm spacer for C11's, D12's, and AT 24/40 cases. leave out the spacer for E9's, E12's, and the AT 24/60 cases.
rex

er um, which way do you have the grain running on those fins? if it is parallel to the body you'll have problems.
rex

I ended up putting it 90mm in... and i just noticed the grain was parrallel... crap... ill tighten them up with some CA tland replace them as get they get broken i guess

Ill probably do that to... even tough im debating ripping them off and redoing them

Good looking build. I like the shape of the fins. Reminds me of my 24mm MD Bolt. I've only flown it once on a C11 - and it bolted off the pad like a bullet! I haven't had the guts to fly it on anything bigger.

ground2.jpg

launch2.jpg

35_decal.jpg

So this snow storm we have had the past couple days has haulted progress on paint... i have the blue down but i need to do the white... (im backwards cause i ran out of white painting another rocket) so ive been thinking about recovery options... streamer vs chute... what kind of streamer yada yada yada...

So this snow storm we have had the past couple days has haulted progress on paint... i have the blue down but i need to do the white... (im backwards cause i ran out of white painting another rocket) so ive been thinking about recovery options... streamer vs chute... what kind of streamer yada yada yada...

What, you can't paint it in the bathroom with the fart fan on?

Back