Long Delays

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quick and dirty RAS sim for a VLD 1" minimum diameter 2 oz. rocket on a H410 gives an apogee of 10.7 kft at 20 seconds after lift-off.

Problems: Sim did not have launch lug or lugs. 2 oz. seems optimisticly light.

Bob

Rasaero used standard .eng files. Go to Pro39.com and download all the CTI motors and simply copy them into the engine files for Rasaero. That's how I did it.

I don't think that is exactly how you did. You probably went to Pro38.com ;-)

Jeroen

I have done the design for a 3.5 ounce MD, minimum length rocket with straight airfoiled fins and it came out to about 9500 feet at 17 seconds. I wasn't gonna have launch lugs: I would've set up a tower.

But I decided that I'm gonna go for an I1299 instead, because it's just that more extreme, and because larger rockets are easier to deal with. There will be basically nothing to see at all, so radio tracking is a must.

Just a guess, but he's also only 13 going on 14, so that is a good reason to use motor eject instead of black powder and electronics. Unless he's got someone to do that part for him. I, however do not see the point of a rocket that disappears with my cashy money motor reload case. I believe that getting them back is priority. That's why I bought a tracker. I hate losing anything I put effort into.

Adrian

Back