Raven compatability

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windeavor

Reaction score
Anyone flying a Raven and a 100mw 70cm BigRed gps? Considering a Raven purchase for a 2.1 diameter fiberglass build I'm working on but would like to hear from those running both units together. My only concern is will the Raven have issues with RF present from the BigRed? The Raven would be mounted in av-bay and the BigRed gps would be mounted in the nose cone with approx 14 inches separation.

There are plenty of people including the designer of the Raven who use it with the BRB. I have never heard of any problems.

Anyone flying a Raven and a 100mw 70cm BigRed gps? Considering a Raven purchase for a 2.1 diameter fiberglass build I'm working on but would like to hear from those running both units together. My only concern is will the Raven have issues with RF present from the BigRed? The Raven would be mounted in av-bay and the BigRed gps would be mounted in the nose cone with approx 14 inches separation.

Those are quite far apart, relatively speaking. I usually run mine side-by-side, often sharing the same battery.

Those are quite far apart, relatively speaking. I usually run mine side-by-side, often sharing the same battery.
Order placed! I sent you an additional email regarding usb battery charger. If needed please add to order. Thx for the reply.

I am sorry. I just caught the 100mW. I would buy one and try or email the maker. I suspect there will be no problem.

I've run the two side by side (separate batteries, but with a separation of about an inch) with no problems at all.

Back