RCC2 Mini question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv2launch

Reaction score
Hey all,
Do you have to have a charge connected to both the drogue and main terminals on an RCC2 mini for them to fire or could I use motor ejection for the drogue and have the main go off from the main terminal on the alt?Or since I read the directions and set it for main only would I have to have both terminals connected to a charge or could I just use one set of terminals and leave the other empty?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hey all,
Do you have to have a charge connected to both the drogue and main terminals on an RCC2 mini for them to fire or could I use motor ejection for the drogue and have the main go off from the main terminal on the alt?Or since I read the directions and set it for main only would I have to have both terminals connected to a charge or could I just use one set of terminals and leave the other empty?
Thanks

If you have it set to main only just connect to the main terminals and you will be good to go. Whatever the heck that means.:confused2:

You can set a delay in the drogue fire while in main only mode. This will allow you to have a backup charge for the main that will fire slightly after the main charge as insurance for deploy.

I'll have to check the documentation, but going from memory, you can only get a "main only" event, which means the altimeter will fire at apogee.

It sounds like you want to do dual deploy, but have the motor fire the drogue, and the altimeter fire the main. If so, the best way to do this is to put a match on both, but just wrap the drogue match in masking tape, so it doesn't light anything.

If it were me, I'd be setting the altimeter to fire both, and use a longer motor delay as a backup ejection charge for the drogue.

-Kevin

After some careful reading and rereading of the instructions the rrc2 can be set for main only that will blow the charge at the set main agl and you can also put a delay on one or both the drogue output and main output.My plan is to build a Loc Graduator and make it duel deploy to be able to get the hang of it before going DD in high power that way I can launch at my local field and do a DD flight whenever I feel like it and I won't need a rail to fly a bigger bird.After thinking about it though I will more then likely just set it up for fire the drogue at apogee and main at 500 like its set for by default and maybe use motor eject for a backup on the drogue.Considering that here in New England we have had rain almost everyday for the past month who knows if our next club launch will have a nice day I know there one part of the field that is probably under water right now.

Last edited:
Back