1010 vs. 1515 Rails

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that is like the most beautiful flying field ever! Where is that?

That is the LUNAR Snow Ranch launchsite. It's an over 100 year old cattle ranch. They've even filmed movies and Little House On The Prairie episodes there. When it's green, it's gorgeous!

creek1.jpg

DSCN2175.JPG

DSCN2181.JPG

overview.jpg

tree_creek.jpg

Do you have any of the H-bar left from your Aerobee project? You could make lugs similar to those, specifically dimensioned to fit either rail....

I do, but it's way to big for our rails. If anything, I could always put both rail buttons on the rocket. At 5.5" diameter, there would be plenty of surface area.

You should be fine running 1010 buttons on that weight rocket and motor. Where do you plan to fly your cert? SARG, Snow Ranch in Nov or TCC October Sky in Fresno? We are shooting for the TCC Oct Sky launch to burn off a few motors, so if you're heading down we'll look out for you. Either way good luck on your cert flight.

I'm not planning on going to Fresno. Gas is too expensive and I just don't feel up to the drive. Since they've cancelled the Snow Ranch launch for next month, it'll be SARG, unless they cancel too. I might have to wait for December.

Back