Wildman's Website (in the right location this time)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd2cylman

Still not Carl... ;-)
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it looks like gremlins have been at Wildman's site again. :eyepop:

They applied a shrink ray to the pages. Then there is a new background and side border.
Crazy gremlins!

Adrian

Well, it looks like gremlins have been at Wildman's site again. :eyepop:

They applied a shrink ray to the pages. Then there is a new background and side border.
Crazy gremlins!

Adrian

ctrl+

Hit that combo a few times. :wink:

Well, it looks like gremlins have been at Wildman's site again.

No shrink ray applied -- rather than unused whitespace to the side, it is now centering the space used, and there's a background image for what's in use. The actual screen real-estate occupied by the content has remained the same.

(You're using a widescreen monitor, and run your browser maximized...)

-Kevin

Nope,
Using the same 15" laptop as always. But now there is ~2" on each side of image. I'm just sayin. It's not bad or that. It's just different.
I'll try to give you a screenshot of what I see. Be patient, I'm not that good of a computer driver :wink:

Does this show you what I see Kevin?

Adrian

Nope,
Using the same 15" laptop as always. But now there is ~2" on each side of image. I'm just sayin. It's not bad or that. It's just different.
I'll try to give you a screenshot of what I see. Be patient, I'm not that good of a computer driver

Does this show you what I see Kevin?

Your monitor is a widescreen monitor, and you're running your browser maximized. The only difference you're seeing now is where the content used to all sit on the left side, and the unusued space on the right had a white background, the unused space is now occupied by a background image.

Trust me, that's what the difference is -- being the guy who's changing the styles, I know the old an new behavior. :)

-Kevin

Main content takes up significantly more realestate than your screenshot on my primary laptop (ChromeOS CR-48 w/ 12.1" screen) and about the same as what you captured on my main desktop with a 22" widescreen monitor.

Like I said,

I never claimed to be a smart computer driver. Just enough knowledge to be dangerous. Sometimes a little too dangerous.

I do like the new edges (side borders?)

Adrian

Looks fine to me.
And I'm using one xp laptop and one windows 7 laptop, also a Android tablet and Android phone.

That's a wide selection.

How can one submit a photo for the website?

email it to webmaster [at] wildman rocketry .dot. com

Please make sure it's an unedited original photo -- when they're pre-cropped, or otherwise edited, it makes it difficult to get them to the proper size/ratio to fit correctly.

-Kevin

Looks fine to me.
And I'm using one xp laptop and one windows 7 laptop, also a Android tablet and Android phone.

That's a wide selection.

I never said it didn't look fine, just noticed the new background and centered info.

Adrian

Some text definitely got smaller. Especially the menus on the left. They're hard to read now. Zooming in doesnt help.

Also some of those new pictures are strange. The Drago with the girl holding it has fins shaped much differently from the old picture and the instructions. Has the design changed? Did somebody mod that one? Was the submitted picture accidently of a rocket called drago but not actually the drago kit?

I haven't had any text/size/aspect ratio using Chrome on MacOS. If you're using an old version of IE (which I have to do at work), what you might be seeing is the Wildman site using modern web standards that IE has taken a while to catch up to, and the old versions of IE render very badly.

Try using a different browser to see if you get better results. IE9 actually looks pretty good, I wish my workplace would update to that if they must insist on IE (but then maybe the Office 2003 suite would get jealous...)

Otherwise, the Wildman site overall is HUGELY improved. I mean the color scheme and table-based menu design still reminds me of Geocities, but the photos make it much much better, and frankly make me want to buy more. Before, I had to leave the Wildman site to find out what the rockets looked like, and usually didn't find my way back for a few days at least.

Nice work, Troj!

Otherwise, the Wildman site overall is HUGELY improved. I mean the color scheme and table-based menu design still reminds me of Geocities, but the photos make it much much better, and frankly make me want to buy more. Before, I had to leave the Wildman site to find out what the rockets looked like, and usually didn't find my way back for a few days at least.

More changes are afoot... Part of it is new content that will be added.

-Kevin

Back