MMMSC CMASS Joint Launch Oct. 6th.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bad: I can't make the 6th. :( The good: I'll be in Amesbury for the CAKE on the 13th. :D

Is Robert going to be in Berwick on the 6th with is trailer full of goodies?

Is Robert going to be in Berwick on the 6th with is trailer full of goodies?
His website's calendar shows he was planning on being in Amesbury on the 6th and attend METRA on the 7th. Robert will have to confirm but it seems we'd at least have AMWProX on site in Berwick for the early part of Saturday and maybe all day.

I will be there,also my brother with his mighty Quark! and our mutual friend Chris. The weather does not look good again, chance of rain and overcast. It will be great to launch with the CMASS club adding to the flights.I am building an Estes Der Red Max,Hope I can finish before sat,want to fly it.

Someone has put a curse on CMASS this year and we're talking MMMSC down with us. The forecast for Saturday was looking really good at the beginning of the week but in the last few days the chance of rain has increased daily. We need to make a sacrifice so we can have better weather. Volunteers?

The bad: I can't make the 6th. :( The good: I'll be in Amesbury for the CAKE on the 13th. :D
The next Amesbury launch is on the 20th. The fliskits anniversary and cake will be on that date. Apparently the field was double booked on the 13th.

Someone has put a curse on CMASS this year and we're talking MMMSC down with us. The forecast for Saturday was looking really good at the beginning of the week but in the last few days the chance of rain has increased daily. We need to make a sacrifice so we can have better weather. Volunteers?

I think that Scott or KennB might have an anti-rain dance they can try. If I'm not mistaken that is how Scott hurt his knee originally....

I am bummed that it looks like a washout for saturday. I am trying to stay positive but it looks like I'll be hoping for better weather on the 21st!

Just looked at projected cloud cover and probability for precipitation from the National Weather Service for Saturday. Looks like partly cloudy at 11 AM progressing to mostly cloudy by 2 PM with 60% chance for precip. Hopefully something will improve as I've got a new toy I want to fly, my Estes Cosmic Interceptor. I was also planning on bringing a friend from work to introduce him to the hobby. If not, let's hope for the best on the 21st.

hmmmmmmmm. I have a long weekend off from school this weekend and will be home. I may have to whip up a rocket or two to bring up there.

Matt

I think that Scott or KennB might have an anti-rain dance they can try. If I'm not mistaken that is how Scott hurt his knee originally....

That would be funny to see Kenn and Scott dancing around in their scivies, wearing war paint and hooping it up! :grin::rofl:

I was hit by an IED in 07

Dan, No! no it would not!:jaw:

IED = Incapacitated Elderly Driver :lol::eyeroll:

If by tomorrow it looks like Sat. is toast do we want to slide to Sun.?????

Sunday doesn't look much better according to the TWC site. But they say the 13th should be nice and sunny. Like they really know. :eyeroll: Any chance the launch could be moved to the 13/14 weekend if necessary?

The weather is probably going to be better during the WORK WEEK. :(

I thought my mind was gone, but it just hides behind trees and yells "nee" every now and again. I will make the call and then email like crazy, tomorrow.

There was a launch today and it was very enjoyable!
Pics to follow.

Last edited:
Sorry I missed you guys again. Today was my son's birthday party. If the launch were closer I might have been able to sneak over for a bit, but no such luck. Hope it was a good one!

Sorry I missed out as well! With the forecast looking pretty negative I changed plans to give my wife some much-needed time to do what she needed. You all can thank me for opting to pass on the launch - had I been planning to go it would have been raining for sure!

Hope it was a good one.

Some pics of the launch.
It was cool and windy, but no rain until about 4 O'clock.

Rocket racer and rocket launch 10-06-12 011.JPG

Rocket racer and rocket launch 10-06-12 007.JPG

Rocket racer and rocket launch 10-06-12 015.JPG

Rocket racer and rocket launch 10-06-12 021.JPG

Last edited:
This is our silly launch officer KennB. being silly.
Was great to see you again Dlazarus! And thanks Kenn for not murdering me and my brother for walking on the launch wiring. I am dense,won't do it again. :)
It was a good event,the winds definitely could have been lower though. Thanks for the offer of launching your Colonial Viper,but the winds were too much. Great to meet some CMASS people.
My brother and our friend Chris had a great time,an you can see Scott in the background IMG_1775.jpg
Hers our combined fleetIMG_1776.jpg

Last edited:
Was great to see you again Dlazarus! And thanks Kenn for not murdering me and my brother for walking on the launch wiring. I am dense,won't do it again. :)

George, It was great to see you, your brother and Chris there yesterday. I've got a reputation to maintain; if anyone asks, tell them I did murder you for violating the wire array. :kill: :wink:

I always like to see Jerry fly and I hope to push the button for your Magic Quark a hundred more times.
Maybe I'll see you there again this weekend if we can get another launch in.
Kenn

Back