"Patriothan" flies!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul.nortness

Reaction score
Met up with John (Rocket86) for our weekly friday launch. We had unbelievable weather today, hardly any wind at all.

The launch was on a G53-7FJ reload. The smoke cloud was incredible and it just hung in the air.

[YOUTUBE]json-5PGP6o[/YOUTUBE]

Patriothan had a slight weather cock towards the southeast, but we think that had more to do with the lower thrust on the black jack propellent coupled with the extra ballast of the camera.

I'm really kicking myself for not strapping the camera on for the next flight. The Patriothan really had fun with a G76-7G. Those Mojaves BOOGY!

Yeah, it was so close the mic on the camera actually picked me up saying "Touchdown!" cause it landed right in front of a goal post. It was about a half a soccer field away. Considering that was about 1200 feet up, a 50 yard walk is doing pretty good.

I am really loving this rocket. I will definitely have to add a few more to my fleet. Such a great performer

Looks like you and John had a really good time today. My wife and I are in San Diego dropping a son off at college....lovely weather here, too, but no flying.

I was getting ready to say GOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!! LOL Nice flight... seeing this video isnt helping me with urge to restrain myself from picking it up...

The G53 was a great flight.....the G76 was awesome. Not quite teleporting, but QUICK. What a day for flying, as perfect as I have ever seen.

Looks like you and John had a really good time today. My wife and I are in San Diego dropping a son off at college....lovely weather here, too, but no flying.

Bernard, if you get a free friday, you should join us.

I was getting ready to say GOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!! LOL Nice flight... seeing this video isnt helping me with urge to restrain myself from picking it up...

Why restrain yourself? I'm going to pick up a third tomorrow! Such an awesome rocket

The G53 was a great flight.....the G76 was awesome. Not quite teleporting, but QUICK. What a day for flying, as perfect as I have ever seen.

Amen to that! The Rocket Gods have really been kind to us this fall. We've had some great fridays out there and this was a perfect example

Im restraining myself cause i need to finish some liveries... and i may be possibly quitting my job in the very near future... lol

Oddly enough your logic seems brilliant... too bad out of three hobby lobbys here ive only seen one kit...

Nice flight and excellent video. Looks like you have the same problem with your camera as I do, I just can not get the date to change. Enjoy the sun and these fall days, you know whats coming. October is generally a good month to fly up north there in the sound and here along the coast, but there has been too much fog here lately to fly. Anyway, enjoy your Fridays at the 60 acres and take more videos.

Haha! I've tried to change the date on that thing so many times...I decided to say screw it and just fly!

You should come up sometime and fly with us.

Then you better hurry and get 5 while you are still gainfully employed!

I'm glad I'm not the only one in love with this rocket... There's just something about it that makes it a gotta have (many of) rocket... Estes really hit it out of the park with this one for MPR rockets... Just wait till you have an opportunity to fly one on an H! You think that G76 was cool, try an H165 RedLine!!!! :cool:

Very nice flight Paul. Strapping a video cam on and watching a rocket eyes view is one of the coolest things to remember the day. Nice job:cheers:

Ken

Haha! I've tried to change the date on that thing so many times...I decided to say screw it and just fly!

Been there and done that. I can not remember how many times I tried to reset the date on that camera.

You should come up sometime and fly with us.

I would love too! My next trip to Seattle will be on the 16th of October to take my neice and her daughter to see "Wicked". Which is on a Tuesday...darn it. On a side note, my schedule is hard to predict, as a city council member, the darn meetings are pop'n up all the time. It is very hard for my wife and I to schedule shoping trips. BUT, I will keep your Friday flying in mind.

OK. I gotta go and take the dogs out into fields for some work before watching Oregon flatten the Cougs. Thanks again for the invite.

I would love too! My next trip to Seattle will be on the 16th of October to take my neice and her daughter to see "Wicked". Which is on a Tuesday...darn it. On a side note, my schedule is hard to predict, as a city council member, the darn meetings are pop'n up all the time. It is very hard for my wife and I to schedule shoping trips. BUT, I will keep your Friday flying in mind.

OK. I gotta go and take the dogs out into fields for some work before watching Oregon flatten the Cougs. Thanks again for the invite.

Just so you know, I have seen wicked twice, and it is awesome! It has to be one of my favorite broadway plays.
Sorry for the hijack, just had to say that.
Matt

Drop me a line when you are in town....I think I could fit you into my "busy" schedule of unemployment

Back