PROLINE ROCKETRY HIGH END KITS AND COMPONENTS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess Santa won't be nice to me this year. I wanted the V2 or the ARACS from ProLine. I think I was a good boy this year.

4" Av-Bay lids now in stock and ready to ship.

006.jpg

Sorry No dates on the V2.

So with 2013 coming to a close just curious if there are any updates...

I have to admit, I have a Dominator 4 version one and I really like those lids. I found some plastic canisters on ebay the fit perfectly in the canister holders
after drilling them out "just a tad". Press fit very securely. Put a GPS tracker in the nosecone, used Duralco 4525IP as adhesive and just have to mount the electronics and the magnetic on-off switch. I too was eyeing that full scale ARCAS. I modified the little AT HV Arcas for dual deploy with an Adept 22 and Featherweight magnetic switch. Flies beautifully with a 29mm H128. Kurt

I finally gave up on the V2 and obtained a smaller FG one from another hp vendor. Would still buy the Arcas and the larger V2 (assuming I don't have stability problems with this first build :)).

Just upscale the parts of your 5.5" V2 and make a custom order to Gary... very simple...or alternatively ask Mike at MC to do that for you, I am sure he knows Gary's phone *lol*...:kill:

I've been hoping for the Arcas for several years now.

Last year, I wrote a little PHP script to periodically hit the arcas page and notify me if it was ready to order. Received my notification today, and already put in my order!
My turn to share the wealth: https://prolinerocketry.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=67

Hope I didn't jump the gun :>

Alex

I've been hoping for the Arcas for several years now.

Last year, I wrote a little PHP script to periodically hit the arcas page and notify me if it was ready to order. Received my notification today, and already put in my order!
My turn to share the wealth: https://prolinerocketry.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=67

Hope I didn't jump the gun :>

Alex

Interesting bolt on fins... from the photos the attachment is shown, I assume photo is without motor mount to show the bolt coming thru wall. With bolt on fins would normal epoxy fin fillets would then be applied?

The fins bolt on just like the original, there is also another positioning pin up inside that cant be seen. The 54mm MM isn't installed yet for picture purposes.

From my discussions with Gary, you bolt the fins on and fly the thing. Epoxy is not involved with the fin attachment. It mimics the way a real ARCAS is assembled.

I find out about this the day after I drop $40K on a new SUV. Lord my timing sucks.

One really weird thought occurs to me. Would you have difficulty flying this beauty at sanctioned launches? In some places they whine about the metal tip nose cones. Would those same places have difficulty under "da rulez" with those beautiful aluminum fins?

One really weird thought occurs to me. Would you have difficulty flying this beauty at sanctioned launches? In some places they whine about the metal tip nose cones. Would those same places have difficulty under "da rulez" with those beautiful aluminum fins?

Would not be allowed to fly at Argonia. There's speculation that if you paint the aluminum it will appease the land owners, but I don't see how that is any better.

Here on the East Coast, I can't think of any clubs that would discourage it. The major HP clubs (MDRA, URRG, METRA) wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Cool

I was not certain whether the Argonia case was more extensive. I was mostly wondering if it was afoul of the limiting metal to that which is structurally necessary phrasing I thought I read at one time in either the TRA or NAR safety codes. Funny thing is that I recall at the last LDRS in Argonia there was this one rocket that was an O -powered CF bird that had the most stunning machined aluminum fins.

Last edited:
The fins bolt on just like the original, there is also another positioning pin up inside that cant be seen. The 54mm MM isn't installed yet for picture purposes.

What have I done?!

Acquired!! I have been lusting over this bird and the wait is over... thank you GT!

After many trials and tribulations the Full Scale Boat tail ARCAS has finally emerged and is now shipping! Each kit has been made with the finest details of scale and precision. I have to say Curtis has really out done himself with this one, many many man hours have gone into producing this kit and I must say it really shows. For instance each fin is cut from a 1 inch thick piece of billet aluminum with about 80% machined away to produce an exact bolt on replica of the original. The boat tail is not only a filament wound 1 piece unit with the airframe but it also has another CNC aluminum receiver epoxied inside the boat tail that is drilled and tapped for the fins to bolt into. You will find no kit on the market at any price with this level of performance and scale.

Pricing
As we set out to offer this kit for $499.99 after pain staking hurdles we will honor the initial roll out at $499.99. After the initial kits are sold the price will move to $699.99, so get them while you can.

Regards Gary T.

IMG_20140318_160829_308.jpgArcas-O-1.jpg

For more info click HERE

Last edited:
Hey Gary do you have a rocksim file for it? I want to start playing around with the sim before I get the rocket in the mail.

Hey Gary do you have a rocksim file for it? I want to start playing around with the sim before I get the rocket in the mail.

Here is the ARCAS RockSim File. I use a ratio between RS and Barrowman to determine my CP, for the Arcas I use 72" from the NC tip. You'll have to add your own build weight and adjust the Cd once its flown.

View attachment 179007

ARCAS is showing out of stock now. That was fast!

Cheers,
Michael

Back