Best Hobby*Shops - Pittman to Burlington NJ Area

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5x7

Reaction score
I am taking a road trip and I wonder if there are hobby shops between Pittman and Burlington (Cherry Hill area) NJ worth visiting. Rockets are a plus but any good browsing shop is good too, thanks.

There is a very small hobby shop on Rt 38 in Mount Holly (Burlington) called "Air Hobby". Old school shop with mostly air planes, military stuff and models. He is closed on Tuesdays. It's across the street from one of the big car dealers (Chevy?). Very small rack of rockets but he does sell motors up to E. If your in the area it might be worth a stop but I wouldn't take a long drive to see it.

Last edited:
In the same general area is Recreation Depot. There's a hobby shop in the back of the store that principally sells R/C planes/cars/helicopters/etc but he does have a display of Estes rockets and a pretty decent selection of LPR motors. He's well stocked for all the little hardware things you might need, like bolts, glues, FG, etc. It's on county Rt. 541 just south of the Rt. 38 intersection, directly across 541 from Lowe's. It's in a small shopping plaza with other professional buildings.

You might also want to look at AAA Hobbies. It's at 706 North White Horse Pike (Rt. 30) in Magnolia. He's got a pretty eclectic mix of LPR and MPR rockets from Estes, Custom Rockets, Quest, Edmonds, Madcow and more that I can't remember. He mostly carries LPR motors, but I think he still has some MPR stuff but it might not be on display.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I am going back in that area, anyone have anything to add?

I did go to AAA, great selection and plastic models I have never seen or heard of. They also have two nice Edmunds gliders and a Sunward Kufus piramid half off in the clearance section if anyone is nearby.

Last edited:
agree...its a great shop...I only just discovered him...but he has a great selection of paints and other stuff in there including cockpit detail sets....he has engines and a wall of Estes kits. Has a great selection of airplane model kits, armor and ships. Glad I found him..good hobby shops are hard to find anymore. I like Air hobbies on Rt. 38 too....his shop is the kind you browse around in there and find all kinds of kits that have long been discontinued and things...its fun to get lost in a hobby shop!!

Back