Fireball from Giant Leap

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a small Fireball that I have used in both 3" and 4" Kraft airframes and a large one that I use in a 7.5" LOC airframe bird. They perform as advertised, just be sure that you adjusted the length of the harness so you are staying on the fat part of the ball as much as possible all around the circumference of the opening when it is under tension like it would be during recovery. It becomes more important on the larger airframe diameters.

Mark

Thanks. If I take the stock cooling mesh out of my G Force, and I was to buy a Fireball, then all I would need would be a Kevlar blanket of something similar for the chute?

I've used it on my LOC Fantom EXL. Works well in MOST cases. I had an early eject (@ about 120mph) and I don't think the shock cord even got fully out before it was zippering. Other than that, very good. Unfortunately, the sock over the ball is starting to rot away, even though protected by a nomex blanket. Time for a new one or to make my own.
-Ken

Back