Daylight Savings Time

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy solution: MOVE
Y
<snip>

Or

Central Indiana...Either Central Time Zone or Eastern Time Zone depending on time of year...

Not any more - the state changed and now all the state observes DST during the summer just like the southwest, southeast and northwest corners did. Now, much of the state is on EDT along with the rest of the country. Those of us in the southwest corner, along with the Hammond area, have always gone to CDT every spring. THAT was confusing - having part of the state observe DST and the rest not. It made it really hard to keep track of what time it was there (I live in Evansville, which has always been in the central time zone and always observe CDT, while the club I launch with is in Holland and, until the law passed that put the whole state on DST, was on EST all year long).

Wow. First of all, I hate Daylight SavingS time :))). Second, why argue about Ko-luh-rod-oh (how I pronounce it) when you can argue about the pronunciation of ogive, perchlorate, and grassroots (which for you people from ko-lo-rad-oh, I hear it pronounced grass-ruts)? :):):):):p

Last edited:
Not sure what the big deal is on the time change

Oh yeah, RETIRED!!

OK, you're right. But a great many more people than all of us know apparently use the spelling, "savingS" Want a little proof?
Not really. It doesn't matter how many people get something wrong, that doesn't make it right. I'm aware of how often it's stated incorrectly because I see it wrong all over the place every time we have to change our clocks. You wouldn't go to the math problem thread and tell the poster that just because most people get the incorrect answer of 5000 instead of the correct answer of 4100 that the answer 5000 should be acceptable.

I'm reasonably certain the GRAMMAR GODS aren't going to punish us for that. So, since I say and spell it wrong, I really may not belong to a minority.
I'm not a Grammar God, nor am I interested in punishing anyone. Don't be so defensive, I never said that you belonged to any group. I just thought people might be interested in knowing that it's not Savings. When this was pointed out to me years ago, after I'd been using it wrong for a long time too, I was surprised - but then I starting seeing how it's spelled wrong about half the time all over the place.

I'm sorry if my short post offended you. It wasn't intended to. My bad.

Wow. First of all, I hate Daylight SavingS time :))). Second, why argue about Ko-luh-rod-oh (how I pronounce it) when you can argue about the pronunciation of ogive, perchlorate, and grassroots?

Because we've already burned through those some months ago. For the record, ogive is pronounced O-JIVE and perchlorate is pronounced PER-'KLOR-ATE. with emphasis on the 'chlor' and not the 'per'. Opinions will vary on this from one region to another. Grassroots? Pronounced like it looks. grass is grass and roots would rhyme with boots.

Not really. It doesn't matter how many people get something wrong, that doesn't make it right. I'm aware of how often it's stated incorrectly because I see it wrong all over the place every time we have to change our clocks. You wouldn't go to the math problem thread and tell the poster that just because most people get the incorrect answer of 5000 instead of the correct answer of 4100 that the answer 5000 should be acceptable.

I'm not a Grammar God, nor am I interested in punishing anyone. Don't be so defensive, I never said that you belonged to any group. I just thought people might be interested in knowing that it's not Savings. When this was pointed out to me years ago, after I'd been using it wrong for a long time too, I was surprised - but then I starting seeing how it's spelled wrong about half the time all over the place.

I'm sorry if my short post offended you. It wasn't intended to. My bad.

Who said you were a GRAMMAR GOD? Not me. Who's being defensive? Not me. I've already admitted that I say and spell it different or wrong. It's just what I'm used to hearing and saying. Comparing this to that math quiz is like comparing apples to oranges. There's usually always a solution to any math problem. Like I stated in a number of postings already, it's more likely to be a regional thing. So, having said that, please refer to posting # 16.

tomayto, tomahto
potayto, potahto
tire, tyre
flavour, flavor
nite, night, knight?!
lite, light
read, read (reed or red)
one, won

This extra hour of daylight is what's causing global warming!! They used to have really hard winters around here before that DST nonsense started a long time ago, now the earth is heating up due to an extra hour of daylight coming in every day.

But I do love getting to be able to sleep a little later in the mornings. I'd just as soon it be Spring back, Fall back!

Oh, and I'm TOTALLY kidding on the global warming thing!! :lol:

Now you've started it!

319400_4366565282259_900686876_n.jpg

Day light saving time is a govt (or alien) plot to warp our minds and keep us from finding out about their real agenda:lol:
Be sure to get out your tin-foil hats:wink:

Back