Panderia Frustration

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
Panderia Frustration

Rant on--

Well, its out, the next installment of that massive multiplayer online game “World of Warcraft” the Panderia expansion. The wife ran out, and bought it, inserted the disk with glee, and hoped it would install itself with no troubles or worries.

But,. As soon as she pushed the disk in, and entered the first set of questions, it turns out our account has been locked, passwords needed, changes required, calls to be made, systems need scanning, etc..

So, she is trying to get it installed, solving one issue to be confronted by another.. looks like I’ll be spending most of the night doing computer maintenance, downloading new anti viruses & anti malware & anti this & that, then resetting most of our passwords & such.

I’m more techy than she is, and even I can have a hard time figuring out what is wring, what needs fixing, and what is truly wrong. I just hate that these days, you seem to need a degree in computer engineering just to install a simple game / expansion pack.. And even then, they need the internet, a dedicated IP address, a slew of passwords, you mothers, maiden name, and the first school you attended.. not to mention gobs of $$$ for additional security devices & dongles, software updates & upgrades, new components..

Almost seems easier to just leave it, or just cancel it.. Dig out the old 486 and play them games. They were easy, simple, and enjoyable..

Grrr..

Rant off…

Anyone else playing?

Stupid hackers all need to be hung from the nearest lamppost! Do it enough time they will get the message.

TA

I kicked the WoW habit several years ago. Save me SO much money in monthly sub fees....

Well, not as bad as i thought. Actually, it all took care of itsefl. I just reacted to a panikey wife & her frustration..

Yeah, WoW is only a once or twice a week thing for me.. but teh wife on the otherhand.. :D

And yeah, #$%^&* hackers & spammers.. Not only hung, but chopped up into little iddy-biddy pieces and buried alive!

My preferred treatment for spammers, script kiddies and haxx0rz is slow immersion in a vat of caustic lye.

Yeah, WoW is only a once or twice a week thing for me.. but teh wife on the otherhand.

Right there with you [he types, while windowed away from a WoW loadscreen]. I'm very much a casual player, but my wife raids 2-3 times a week.

At any rate, time for your wife to get a Blizzard authenticator.

Heh, I'm sitting here reading the forums while Star Wars: The Old Republic patches up. My security key generator is on my iPad.

yeah, we got ST:TOR as well, but we've kinda fained off it. too tedious, too 'hard' too much 'commitment' required. Seems to you need to know strategies, how to team up, get & build a dedicated team, etc. not for the casual gamer..

We had City of heros / villans too. she loved that! loved how detailed you could make & dress your character / toon..

yeah, we got ST:TOR as well, but we've kinda fained off it. too tedious, too 'hard' too much 'commitment' required. Seems to you need to know strategies, how to team up, get & build a dedicated team, etc. not for the casual gamer..

We had City of heros / villans too. she loved that! loved how detailed you could make & dress your character / toon..

After playing City of Heroes for 6 years NCSoft decided to shut it down even though it made profit. It was an American game and with the failure of several of NCSoft's newer Korean games they decided to shut down a successful one, abet not a big money maker. Their thinking was we'd go to Guild Wars ll...wrong answer. I'll NEVER play another NCSoft game. I have tried a bunch of new games but they just don't make it for me. I'm playing WoW for now, for free, but I don't know if I'll stick with it :p

There are actually several good F2P (Free to Play) MMO games out. On my computer right now are WoW (used to be a dedicated player), Lord of the Rings Online, Everquest II, D&D Online, SWTOR, WWII Online, Star Trek Online and one or two others I can't remember off the top of my head. Of those the ones I enjoy the most are SWTOR, LotRO, EQII and WWIIO. I keep them all (plus my various flight sims, shooters and other single player games) because I have a tendency to hit a burnout point with one then go to another for a while. I stick to the F2P games now, though I used to be a regular subscriber to several. Just can't afford that any more.

I couldn't get into online too much...used to be a pretty good AA player back in the day (hey, the price was right). But, like a lot of other online multiplayer games, you have to invest a lot of time to get good (and be a good member of a team), and hackers ruining it for folks. Just easier to play offline with games that have a good single player experience. And I've got such a backlog I don't know if I'll ever catch back up...the only good thing is that my computer can run most of what I have even though it's just average specs because the games I have are old....

FC

Back