Huge THANK YOU to Rockets Magazine

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viperfixr

Born Again Rocketeer
Reaction score
I am active duty USAF currently assigned to the US Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan. My mail can take awhile to arrive, but I recently saw my Rockets magazine subscription had run out. I read every issue cover to cover at least twice, so I had to renew immediately. Rockets magazine is my rocketry fix when I cannot fly, like being here for a year. I renewed one morning before running out last week, and after a kind of crappy time (things have been a smidge tense over here compliments of that ridiculous video & the reaction to it) I came back and found this email waiting:

"Thank you for your order.

I couldn't help but notice your AE address. I can only assume you are either military or in a supporting branch for the military over there. Either way we support our military and those who support them as well. So I'll be refunding your subscription fee and provide a free subscription to your address until you let me know that you have moved state side.

We here at Rockets Magazine want to thank you for your service.

Bob Utley
Rockets Magazine"

That was sure a really nice Thank You after a week+ when I did not feel very much love for being an American or a US armed forces member. I asked Bob if I could pass this along and let the rest of the community know what kind of outstanding people make up this wonderful pastime we all enjoy and love. I always liked Rockets magazine, but now you can call me a subscriber for life.

Thank YOU, Bob and Rockets Magazine! :clap:

Outstanding! Plus this answered my question! Stay alert Bro,
I don't trust friends you have to pay. Pukistan

Wow! That's awesome! Great post, thanks for sharing, be safe, and thank you for your service!

Mark, that's great to hear! It's good to know there are still companies out there that care. I've been contemplating subscribing, but this just sealed the deal. I'll be sending a check out today.

Stay safe! I look forward to meeting you in December if the group meets in your honor.

Absolutely amazing. It is unfortunate that we are shocked by this as I believe that all individuals and businesses should be treating our men and women in service of our country like this all of the time. THANK YOU and you family for your service and sacrifice.

Absolutely amazing. It is unfortunate that we are shocked by this as I believe that all individuals and businesses should be treating our men and women in service of our country like this all of the time. THANK YOU and you family for your service and sacrifice.

Well stated!

Greg

BRAVO ROCKETS MAGAZINE!

:wave:

Bravo to you for your service to US as well.

Great story !! I have dealt with Bob Utley ,a very fine fellow to say the least and a great magazine.

Stay safe sir.

Paul T

WOW!!! All the way from the USA to Pakistan, that's amazing for a magazine company! Thanks for your service and stay safe.

Now everyone will want to join the military and go to Pakistan just to get a free subscription! :)

Thanks Mark for sharing the story ... and for your service to our country.

-- Roger

Incidentally, and I KNOW it was not done for any publicity, but I just have to share this. Bob from ROCKETS magazine just sent me a box full of Halloween candy, extra ROCKETS magazines, and a few rocketry DVDs. The candy vaporized on contact with my co-workers (as intended), the DVDs have been keeping me from work and gathering a small crowd around my desk watching you all do your rocketry best, and then the extra magazines have been handed out to a few that saw the videos and want to get started with mid/high-powered rocketry when they get home to their kids. I was stunned upon opening the box, just completely unexpected.

So, not only did his package bring some needed fun to our days, but may have started others down the same path returning to rocketry that many of us followed. Just completely fantastic and super appreciated!

I wish that more companies would do that sort of things for those of you in harms way. I applaud them and I whole heartedly thank you for your service to this great country of ours

Nice to hear there is something good happening in that sh*t hole of a country.

Mark - from a retired TALCE Comm guy, thank you for your service. I know it's not easy being apart from family and friends in a far away land.

Bob, Neil, Kathy and everyone else that makes Rockets Magazine go round - you guys are the best. But everyone who flies at MDRA already knew that :cool:

Mark - from a retired TALCE Comm guy, thank you for your service. I know it's not easy being apart from family and friends in a far away land.

Bob, Neil, Kathy and everyone else that makes Rockets Magazine go round - you guys are the best. But everyone who flies at MDRA already knew that :cool:

It is ROCKETS Magazine's pleasure and honor to support the men and women who lay it all on the line everyday. If there are other Rocketeers, present, past or future, in the field, away from family and friends, let us know and we'll send them some ROCKETS Magazine swag.

Contact us at [email protected]

Neil
:flyingpig:

Thank you. I had a similar experience with rockets magazine. You guys are awesome!!!!!!

I don't subscribe, but I will now.

To all our deployed members, please stay safe and thank you for your service.
Stay Alert! Stay Alive!

In the "way over and above" category, Bob/Rockets Magazine continues to send rocketry care packages my way in Pakistan. I moved to a new job (office jockey this time, unfortunately) where a 55" LCD TV is on a wall facing my desk. Sure is nice when working on Saturday and Sunday to be watching LDRS 31, BALLS and Airfest DVDs! Thanks to Bob, I've also got ROCKETS magazines in the office guest area--not the normally office reading material, but unique for sure. Sure does make me eager to go home in June and build/fly rockets once again, that is for sure.

THANK YOU once again to Bob and ROCKETS magazine!

Last edited:
Back