BT-80 Mercury Redstone Build.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a few days of real work I finally got to do some fun work. I finished the baffle and after looking at some nice pictures of the Merc Redstone decided to add and small paper fillet between the fin and body tube. to give it that flowing fin body thing that it has. Looks like in the end I could have gone with more rounded fillet. but this is a stand off scale scratch build so eeh. I have also added the small what looks like umbilical ports that come off the the side. And once again have leaped be for I looked, the ports could have been place a lot lower to the bottom of the rocket.:bangpan: All I need is a launch lug and then its off to paint.

TA

merc16.jpg

merc17.jpg

merc18.jpg

mercP19.jpg

MercP20.jpg

I don't want to put anyone down--that said, this is one of the finest builds I've seen yet--the craftmanship is -----well, you raised the bar my friend !!

Well its done! It's has been a fun build. :) I have done many scratch rockets and a few scale scratch, this by far has been the funnest one. Not so sure i'm going to fly it now :confused2: to much work on it and it looks to good, and I have seen to many towers snap off. I might just build a base for it and take it to work as a display. Oh well may have to launch it at least once. Thanks for all the kudos. I think i'm going to tackle a scratch 4 inch Mercury Little Joe 5b next.

Oh and a shout out to Master Mark Hayes of Stickershock who supplied once again an awesome set of decals.

TA

merf1.jpg

mercf2.jpg

mercf3.jpg

mercf4.jpg

mercf5.jpg

Back