Madcow - Torrent (#07231) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bseiger

Reaction score
Mad Cow Torrent - July 28th, 2012 on an H125 C.
I had a camera inside the rocket because I didn't want to risk a mishap caused by a camera strapped to the side. Unfortunately, the camera shut off when the ejection charge fired.
I plan to Level 2 on the same rocket soon.
View attachment 97229

Post Copied Within Gallery

Attachments

• Eruption.jpg
    Eruption.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 181
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Madcow Torrent (#07231) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Madcow Torrent (#07231) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Madcow: Torrent: #07231

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Madcow Torrent (#07231) Basic Information.

madcowrocketry.gif
Madcow Rocketry

MODEL NAME: Torrent Also known as:

NUMBER: #07231

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x38mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 57.00" (144.78 cm)
Diameter: 4.00" (10.16 cm)
Span:
Weight: 63.60 oz (1803.03 g)

Mfg. Description: The MadCow Torrent is a versatile high-power rocket. It is simple and robust enough to use on a L-1 certification attempt, but can also be set up for dual-deployment. Because of that, the Torrent is one of the most popular kits that people use for getting into high-power rocketry.

The nice thing that you'll like about this rocket is that it uses traditional rocketry components that you are already very familiar with, like: heavy walled paper tubes, plywood fins, plastic nose cones. So it isn't going to be a leap in technology to go from a small rocket to high power when you get this vehicle.

For people that are going for a Level-1 certification, we recommend just removing the smaller parachute from the rocket, and flying it using motor ejection only. That basically makes this a rocket like you are used to when flying Estes-style model rockets. Simple is good!

When you are ready for something a little more complicated, the kit comes with an ebay as a standard feature. Just load in your favorite dual-deployment electronics, and this rocket is ready to reward you with a really outstanding flight. (Apogee 2013 Web Ad)

Editorial Note: The Torrent is manufactured by Madcow but sold exclusively through Apogee Components. It ships with instructions for the Madcow Super DX-3

Advertising Liveries

madcow-torrent%2007231-2012%20web%20apogee.jpg
2012 Apogee Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

madcow-torrent%2007231-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
here are a few pics of my torrent =)

rocket.jpg
rocket-5.jpg

And a couple Videos

I love this rocket SO MUCH!

[video=youtube;k6aXFH-Wp9o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6aXFH-Wp9o[/video]

[video=youtube;mdc0DstXVpE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdc0DstXVpE[/video]

[video=youtube;Mqf7OgED2Lo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqf7OgED2Lo[/video]

Back