Phoenix Bird Rocksim, Anyone?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coop

Reaction score
I hope one of ya'll can help. I'm looking for a Rocksim file of the Phoenix Bird --either the original or the new BT 55 version. My son figured it'd be cool if we made an upscale of his little sister's favorite rocket --which I thought was really sweet of him... until he said, "Then, I guess, if we have leftover tube, maybe we can make my Hornet bigger, too?" --the V2 I wanted to build can wait, I guess... Heheheh.

Thanks in advance...

Later!

--Coop

I hope one of ya'll can help. I'm looking for a Rocksim file of the Phoenix Bird --either the original or the new BT 55 version. My son figured it'd be cool if we made an upscale of his little sister's favorite rocket --which I thought was really sweet of him... until he said, "Then, I guess, if we have leftover tube, maybe we can make my Hornet bigger, too?" --the V2 I wanted to build can wait, I guess... Heheheh.

Thanks in advance...

Later!

--Coop

Coop,

Here is a RockSim for the OOP Estes Longshot #2128. The Centuri Phoenix Bird used the same plastic fin can. You can delete the booster stage from the design file along with one of the upper airframe tubes and couplers. You'll need to adjust the remaining upper airframe tube length and change the remaining hollow tube coupler to a solid one and you have a basic design for the Phoenix Bird.

I could get you the exposed (exterior part) of the plastic coupler and payload section length but I'd have to pull a rocket from storage.

I never had the Phoenix Bird but I do have the Centuri Mars Project #5313. This was basically a Phoenix Bird rocket for display purposes so it had no recovery system, motor mount or Phoenix Bird decals. It had one white paper sticky backed decal that came applied to the payload section with Centuri Rockets printed in black.

I can take measurements from that Mars Project model later and post here if you don't have the dimensions to modify the airframe lengths in the RockSim file I provided.

HTH

:)

View attachment Estes Longshot.rkt

001 Centuri Mars Project.jpg

002 Centuri Mars Project.jpg

003 Centuri Mars Project.jpg

Outstanding! Thanks so much, Steve!

Later!

--Coop

Back