Shark Oil Barometer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Per Wikipidia, shark liver oil is also one of the main active ingredients in "Preparation H".

Per Wikipidia, shark liver oil is also one of the main active ingredients in "Preparation H".

This is why certain old dudes can sense the weather with their creaky knees, while others rely on their irritable bungholes.

Fact: Today I briefly caught a scientific group tagging sharks to do a study on where, when & why they moved to certain areas of the ocean in relevence of the weather on the world news.
I agree that no one used shark oil as an atmospheric experiment, but probably stored it for some other uses at one time or another and just noticed.
Which may have brought about this scientific study when they happened upon the story and thought it would make a good excuse to seek funding.
Although, some great pun here...toshay

I realize you guys are having fun with this archaic thread I started years ago, but if it's any consolation, I've already given up any interest in owning one of these things. I was only curious if the thing worked. I'm old enough now to let the approaching weather tell my aging bones what's on the way.

Back