AT G71 Redline motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayco

Desert Rat Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I know these motors are no longer available, but a friend of mine found some recently and offered to share them. Does anyone know the history of these motors? Why were they taken off the market?

A few years ago due to delay problems. A real shame. I asked AT through facebook when they would be shipping again but all they said is:
We're still working to get the delays sorted out and accurate.
Hopefully these will be available again soon. I need some new motors to try out in my 29/40-120.

Alex

In my experience on about a third of the flights the delay goes off way early. Use them on saucers and spools where it does not matter. The G77R is good replacement in the 29mm 120 high power case (I like the burn on the G77 better any way).

I loved the G71R. It was a great motor.

Inexpensive, powerful, brilliant red flame.

Although one of the last ones I flew did have an early ejection. It was a -4 and it blew right after motor burnout. Luckily it was in my Sunward King Tut pyramid rocket and even though this rocket uses chutes for recovery, it did not pose a problem.

But right now I'm not really too optimistic about the G71 coming back so I'm highly considering the purchase of a 29/120 casing so I can fly the G77R. Seen a few flown and they appeared to be really nice motors. The G79W load for that casing is nice too.

But right now I'm not really too optimistic about the G71 coming back so I'm highly considering the purchase of a 29/120 casing so I can fly the G77R. Seen a few flown and they appeared to be really nice motors. The G79W load for that casing is nice too.
I've flown both these 29/120 reloads, and prefer them over the hobbyline G64/G71. Flatter thrust profile with the bates grain, nice big core to put the igniter in, and easier case to assemble. I use my hobbyline case now primarily for the F40/F52 reloads.

Now that I remember I did have some early ejections with the G71R but not damage to my rocket, I think it was 1 out of 4 I used. But anyhow aerotech does not have such accurate delays and are a pain in the butt to light lol!

Back