It's time to play....Name that Rocket!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketMike

Reaction score
OK, pictured below is the remains of a rocket I found when digging my stuff out of storage. No body tube, instructions or picture card. I know it's an Estes and want to say it's some type of sidewinder missile but I'm not entirely sure. I'm sure the body tube got crushed at some point and I threw it away but I really remember nothing else. The fins look to be made for a slotted body tube. Just thought it'd be fun to see if anybody had a guess. Photo0082.jpg

Believe me, someone on here will probably recognize it based on the fins alone.
That looks like a BT-55 (1.33") nose cone. Is it?

Estes AMRAAM
Pretty sure that's right. Just took the name to jog my memory. I found the fourth upper fin after making the picture. As it is I think I'm just going to get a body tube and use the four lower fins and nose cone to make a sport rocket. I have yet to download Open Rocket but I've been meaning to do it and learn how to use it. I will need some way to figure out how much of the putty to put in the nose when I start messing around with the length and taking away fins. Won't I?

Back