Skyripper Motors out of Certification

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlphaHybrids

Reaction score
I noticed on Thrust Curve that Skyripper Motors are out of certification. Does this mean that Todd will have to re-submit them for certification since they are not allowed at launches now?

Edward

Where did you see this?
I don't see anything on the Thrustcurve website that says that???
Tom

HRMMM... Many of the TRA cert letters I have in my SRS datasheet folder state "June 30, 2012". Attached is an example. (the J144 letter says June 2009).

If anyone has 29mm, 38mm, or 54mm SkyRipper reloads they want to dump- contact me.

View attachment SRK347Bjun12.pdf

I wonder if this has something to do with the AP Preheaters?
I checked our cert documents and they show they are certified "indefinetly."

I am thinking it may be a typo...? Can someone check maybe the Alpha Hybrids Cert Papers, Ratt Works, Hypertek etc and see what they say?

A Good Catch on Edwards Part here!
Tom

I wonder if this has something to do with the AP Preheaters?
I checked our cert documents and they show they are certified "indefinetly."

I am thinking it may be a typo...? Can someone check maybe the Alpha Hybrids Cert Papers, Ratt Works, Hypertek etc and see what they say?

A Good Catch on Edwards Part here!
Tom

The Alpha hybrids were certified by NAR S & T so the certification runs 5 years.

NFPA doesn't put a time limit on certification. NAR S & T recertifies motors every 5 years although that can be extended at the discretion of the chairmen. You'll should check with Paul Holmes about TMT but I believe their policy is to not require recertification unless a motor has shown to have problems.

The Alpha hybrids were certified by NAR S & T so the certification runs 5 years.

NFPA doesn't put a time limit on certification. NAR S & T recertifies motors every 5 years although that can be extended at the discretion of the chairmen. You'll should check with Paul Holmes about TMT but I believe their policy is to not require recertification unless a motor has shown to have problems.

Does that mean that Skyripper motors were tested by S&T and not TMT?
That might be the answer to this whole thing.
Tom

Back