OK, What about Pizza?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlazarus6660

Reaction score
The Big 'H' from CC, FL wants me to post this subject so here it is!

Pizza.
I know of people who eat this stuff, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly!
I was a once a weeker for a while there. Then it got old. 6 to 8 weeks now.
Favorite is Pizza Hut Super Supreme Pan Pizza, hold the chovies! Cold beer to wash it down.
Meat, cheese, veggies and thick crust! Yummy!

Come out to Seattle and have some Brooklyn Brothers.

Pizza will never be the same for you

A good New York style pizza (thin, slightly chewey crust with texture on the bottom), cheesy, oh yeah! Here in Carmel IN, the place to go is Bella Pizzaria at Clay Terrace. There's one or two more of them around, small family owned business. Awesome place.

This is the place. I can't speak to any of their stores other than the original on Wooster Street but a line out the door and a two-hour wait in the rain speaks volumes.

I can't pull up the audio from the 03 October 1999 NPR Weekend Edition Sunday, but if you can, it's a good listen.

That being said, the Flatbread Company is the closest I've found and I live a lot closer to many of these. And Angela's, near BillS's house, has the same kind of coal fired char and flavor.

Big D, see what you've started.

I still owe it to myself to have some of Chicago's best pie, but here in NC there aren't a lot of greats so, I have to go with the run-o-de-mill chain pizza. I like mine with a hand tossed crust, ground beef, pepperoni, ham, mushrooms, onions, anchovies and xtra cheese. I realize there's no middle of the road with chovies, you either love em or you hate em. I'm an elite eater. I can handle a great many varieties of foods given my body doesn't get pissed off because I ate something it didn't like.

I like pizza any way you slice it.
Thick,thin,tossed,dropped,pan, whatever. It all works for me.
Cannt say I have had many BAD pizzas in my days.
About the only thing I dont like on my pizza is Pepperoni.
I can eat a whole stick of pepperoni raw,but I really dont care for it cooked.
Favorite topping(s)--Veggies!

I like mine with a medium crust (hand tossed?) I used to eat the garbage pizzas (The Works, Supreme, etc) but now I've toned it back, Sausage, pepperoni and pineapple. Usually either a white sauce or no sauce, unless I have a few tagamet standing by. It's rare that I eat pizza because it doesn't agree with me anymore, I'll say maybe twice to 3 times a year.

Crispy crust, sausage, peppers and onions. Don't forget the parm and pepper flakes.

I have a stone at the bottom of my oven. When you live in the sticks you learn to make alot of the junk food you love.

It's rare that I eat pizza because it doesn't agree with me anymore, I'll say maybe twice to 3 times a year.

I'm pretty much like that also. I like pizza, it doesn't disagree with me but I can only handle Italian style food in small doses. 3 - 4 times a year for me.

It's rare that I eat pizza because it doesn't agree with me anymore, I'll say maybe twice to 3 times a year.

I'm pretty much like that also. I like pizza, it doesn't disagree with me but I can only handle Italian style food in small doses. 3 - 4 times a year for me.
I used to suffer from the heartburn and stomach issues.
At one time in my life I thought about buying stocks in ROLLAIDS because I was eating them by the roll everyday.
After about a year of being sober and taking the Purple pill, I can now eat just about anything and everything whenever I want.
HOWEVER, I still dont do pizza during the day.
If I eat pizza for lunch,Im done.
I just feel like a load the rest of the day.
YA,YA,I know,how can anyone eat pizza without beer?
Well, if you lived the life I did,you would understand.

YA,YA,I know,how can anyone eat pizza without beer?
Well, if you lived the life I did,you would understand.

I never eat pizza with beer. Bloats the hell out of me. I'll usually have a couple of slices at lunch with water, and freeze the rest. OK...I'm a wimp! 2 slices fills me up. Regarding your heartburn, do you know which ingredient gives you heartburn? I know green peppers and iced tea does me great injustice so I just don't do them. Narrow it down to which ingredient that disagrees with you and dump it. Simple.

Thin and crispy, go light on the sauce, top with Italian sausage, Canadian bacon, green peppers, onion and lots of cheese. Wash it down wich teeth-aching cold rootbeer in a frosty mug.

I know of people who eat this stuff, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly!
I was a once a weeker for a while there. Then it got old. 6 to 8 weeks now.
Favorite is Pizza Hut Super Supreme Pan Pizza, hold the chovies! Cold beer to wash it down.
Meat, cheese, veggies and thick crust! Yummy!

6-8 weeks? Are you nuts? If I don't get it at least two or three times a week, I start getting cravings. I used to eat it several times a day, but then I got older and had to cut back. I think the problem is the whole "Pizza Hut" thing. That stuff isn't even close to pizza. Frozen is better than that stuff. And don't talk to me about Chicago pizza. That stuff is fake pizza as well. The further you get from NY, the harder it gets to find good pizza. There are only two shops here in town that have really good pizza, and they are owned by brothers from NY. The perfect pizza is straight cheese. Should have some grease on it or the cheese is not right. Thin crust, but not cracker crust. If you like some stuff on it, them maybe sausage and muchroom, or pepperoni, but not a load of junk. Anchovies are good on almost anything, but I rarely get them unless I am eating alone. :wink:

I never eat pizza with beer. Bloats the hell out of me. I'll usually have a couple of slices at lunch with water, and freeze the rest. OK...I'm a wimp! 2 slices fills me up. Regarding your heartburn, do you know which ingredient gives you heartburn? I know green peppers and iced tea does me great injustice so I just don't do them. Narrow it down to which ingredient that disagrees with you and dump it. Simple.
I dont get heartburn anymore what so ever.
Again,I just feel like a load,sleepy,lethargic when I eat pizza for lunch,early daytime,ect.
Funny you mention Iced Tea.
That was one thing that would tear me up back in the day.
Now, no trouble.
Dont want to get to far off track here,but,I cannt tell ya how fricken bad I was with the heart burn and stomach issues.
Ild wake up in the night with acid comming up my throat,chocking, it was so bad I couldnt get a breath.
Went to the hospital one night it was so bad.
As I said before,now I can just about eat anything ,anytime and any amount without any issues.

Irish Pizza Pub, Laurel, Maryland: the crispiest, best thin-crust pizza, ever. Sadly, the place burned down a few years back (new owner torched the place for the insurance money, and got caught). Tragic end to a landmark that had been around since the early 70's.

One of the best snack pizzas I ever ate was what we called a Beer Pizza at the White Horse restaurant I used to work in. This was considered the primo beer pizza in the day. We took a ready made crust, slopped it with melted butter, shingled it with provolone cheese and spiced it with a sprinkle of oregano, garlic powder and "Accent" flavor enhancer. (which btw was a bad ingredient we shouldn't have been using) but dayum! That was an awesome pizza that had absolutely no tomato in it. This was around 1974?

How about a Pie in the sky?

As for non-rocket pizza, I can take it or leave it.

I had some from Domino's a few weeks back because my daughter works there and she brought it home but I don't usually go get pizza on purpose.

I can take most chain pizzas but for me, the worst has to be Papa Ginos. Pizza sauce and cheese on cardboard.

Last edited:
No, no. Chain pizza is not pizza. At best it is a close facsimile. Real pizza and beer is nature's perfect meal, but pizza and coke is right up there for when you need to drive.

No, no. Chain pizza is not pizza. At best it is a close facsimile. Real pizza and beer is nature's perfect meal, but pizza and coke is right up there for when you need to drive.
I dont drink much soda/pop/tonic, but I do like a nice ICE COLD glass of Pepsi when I eat pizza.
Cuts the mustard as they say.

I guess that's my problem... I don't like beer and I don't drink Coke.

I work in New haven

I have

Pepe's, Sally's, Abatee, and Modern - all within a 20 minute walk.

And BAR (yeah it;s a place called BAR) across the street.

It is ground zero for the Pizzaholic.

I also have a killer local chain called Illianos about 10 minutes by car from my house.

And I have to watch my carbs! The torture!

Oh yes...It is heresy to use Domino's, Little Ceasar, Papa Johns, or the word Hut in the same sentence as PIZZA.

I work in New haven

I have

Pepe's, Sally's, Abatee, and Modern - all within a 20 minute walk.

And BAR (yeah it;s a place called BAR) across the street.

It is ground zero for the Pizzaholic.

I also have a killer local chain called Illianos about 10 minutes by car from my house.

And I have to watch my carbs! The torture!

Oh yes...It is heresy to use Domino's, Little Ceasar, Papa Johns, or the word Hut in the same sentence as PIZZA.

ENVY. Green with envy is what I am. I grew up in West Haven and miss the hot dogs at Turks and the burgers at Louie's Lunch and, of course, Pepe's (see post above).

You're fighting the good fight with the carbs, Al. Just get the apizza infrequently and enjoy every bite. Wish I could join you. :sad:

I love pizza. I worked for Marios Pizza in Morgantown, WV (Now closed). You would think you would get tired of it, but I did not. I could eat it every night. I like to make it myself. I have a decent skill and making my own dough and tossing it in the air.

Since deploying to Kuwait, I have not had pizze in 3 weeks :(. We only have Pizza Hut here. Eventually, I will have to give in and have a slice.

Back