Centuri - Jaguar (KF-4) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
Welcome to the Centuri Jaguar (KF-4) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Centuri Jaguar (KF-4) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Centuri: Jaguar: KF-4

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Centuri Jaguar (KF-4) Basic Information.

centuri_engineering.gif
Centuri Engineering

MODEL NAME: Jaguar Also known as:

NUMBER: KF-4

Introduced: 1967
Final Year: 1971
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount:
Recovery: Parachute, later streamer
Stages: 1
Length: 23"
Diameter: 1.20"
Span:
Weight: 2.5 oz

Mfg. Description: Top altitude possible with MINI-MAX 'EB' engines!! Easy-to-assemble. Comes with engine mounts pre-installed. Complete instructions, roll pattern decal, and engine information included. The JAGUAR streaks out of sight and returns safely by colorful silk parachute, ready for another spectacular flight. (Centuri 1967 Catalog)

=====

1968 Catalog text identical to 1967 Catalog

=====

Highest altitude possible with MINI-MAX 'EB' engines!! Smallest possible body diameter. Excellent MINI-MAX beginner rocket. Easy to assemble. Comes with engine mount and shock cord pre-installed. Powered by the new E7-8 engine, the JAGUAR streaks out of sight and returns safely by colorful silk parachute. Launch it many times. (Centuri 1969 Catalog)

=====

Highest altitude possible with MINI-MAX and ENERJET 'E' type engines. Smallest possible body diameter. Excellent "Large Scale" beginner rocket. Easy to assemble. Attains very high altitudes. Recovery by large streamer. Launch it many times. (Centuri 1971 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

centuri-jaguar%20kf4-1967%20cat.jpg
1967 Catalog
centuri-jaguar%20kf4-1968%20cat.jpg
1968 Catalog
centuri-jaguar%20kf4-1969%20cat.jpg
1969 Catalog
centuri-jaguar%20kf4-1971%20cat.jpg
1971 Catalog

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

centuri-jaguar%20kf4-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I upscaled a MM Jaguar in about 1992 (+/- several years). This one is 135% of the original version; a total of 30.7" long. I built this one for 38mm motors.

The body is standard PML tubing, the nose cone was traced and scaled from the original and turned from red oak, and the fins are just common 1/8" hobby shop plywood.

The Jaguar was my favorite MR from my earlier days. Building this one was a true joy, trying to keep the memories alive.

MM Jaguar upscaled.jpg

Here is a photo of an original Minimax Jaguar kit. Someone had already removed the factory included motors but everything else appears to be here.

Sorry for the terrible resolution (camera/phone quality). When I have time, I will shoot some better close up photos.

1016121708a.jpg

Back