38mm MD

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasonH

Reaction score
SO I got bored a while back and decided that I wanted to break Mach and 10k, but also stay relatively low on G motors or smaller. I took some ideas from the Accelerator 1.1 someone is building, and decided to keep the body tube as one piece. The motor will be blown out the back of the tube and attached the same way as in the Accelerator 1.1 while the end connected to the rocket will be threaded through the AV bay and tied in a knot on the other end.. The same applies for the top section of shock cord. A tracker will be added into the nosecone, since I plan on using the nosecones with the removable tip.

So...any advice, questions, comments, or death threats? View attachment md38#2.rkt

BTW: this rocket is only meant to take up to the CTI 6G case. It might be my fall/spring project this year.

Hey Mason!

Looks like you'd be fine on a CTI I216 Classic with this design...

Mach 1.30 and 10,500'

And plenty safe to fly on "G"'s...

Or a Loki J712

Mach 1.7 and 12,000'

Oh the options...

I looked over your OR design. One thing that was holding you back was those 1/8in FG fins. I switched them to 1/16th in and got an altitude of around 13K and Mach 1.78 on the J712. Looks like a nice design!
Are you planning on using G12 tubes or a cheaper home wrapped option? Both are good choices but I would recommend the latter. It's cheaper, more customizable but takes much more work to get it looking good.
Good luck with the build! Remember to get those pics posted!

Alex

Ha! Had to do it Mason :wink:

First, I concur about the 1/16" fins...at that shape and size, flutter shouldn't be an issue.

Move payload bay up 4" and you can stuff a CTI J-530 IMax for Mach 2.11 and 14,546' Apogee.

Not recommending anything...just goin' Wildman on ya :grin:

It never ocurred to me that 1/16" fins would be acceptable here. I thought that they would be too thin. And this is Wildman enough for me! I want to make sure I at least have a CHANCE to get my investment back. But that would be one hell of a L2 flight...

And G12 tubes. Not up to that much work.

Last edited:
Back