Wildman - Warrior Jr Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disaster_Guy

Reaction score
My recently completed Wildman Warrior Jr. The rocket carriers a memorial theme (contains the names of each Maryland NG Soldier and airman killed in the Global War on Terror) and will also play a role in a fundraiser this fall to pull together a donation to Homes for our Troops. Paint is Rustoleum Camo and the vinyl is from Mark from Stickershock.

_MG_5398.JPG
_MG_5399.JPG

_MG_5400.JPG
_MG_5401.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Wildman Warrior Jr Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Wildman Warrior Jr and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Wildman: Warrior Jr.:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Wildman Warrior Jr. Basic Information.

wildman.gif
Wildman Rocketry

MODEL NAME: Warrior Jr. Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x38mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter: 2.1"
Span:
Weight: 4.5 lbs

Mfg. Description: This new fiberglass dual deployment rocket features a 38mm motor mount, making it a great L1 or L2 certification kit. Standing nearly five feet tall and measuring 2.1" in diameter, it weighs just 4.5 pounds and can be flown on motors from H through J impulse.
This Kit Includes:
• 1 Fiberglass booster airframe
• 1 Fiberglass payload bay
• 1 Fiberglass coupler
• 1 Fiberglass avionics bay switch band
• 6 Fiberglass fins
• 4 fiberglass centering rings
• Fiberglass bulk plates
• 38mm fiberglass mmt (Wildman 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

wildman-warrior%20jr-2012%20web.jpg
2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I really like the theme you adopted on your rocket!!!!

I did some checking and something puzzles me. The name "Warrior Jr." sort of implies that there is a "Warrior" or a "Warrior Sr." but I found no record of such at Wildman.

True, when I first discovered the kit I thought the same. My best guess is that Tim has denoted it a Junior due to sharing the 38mm motor / 54mm body and same dual deploy setup with the rest of the Jr line.

I did some checking and something puzzles me. The name "Warrior Jr." sort of implies that there is a "Warrior" or a "Warrior Sr." but I found no record of such at Wildman.

Ya it can be very confusing, let me shed some light:

All Wildman kits that feature a 54mm airframe have been designated or re-designated "JR's".
This stems from the confusion caused by the first DarkStar which was a 54mm airframe.

Then came a 4in version called the DS single deploy and the DS dual deploy.

The 4in DS dual deploy was constantly getting confused with the DS ''original" because the were both DarkStars and DD, but mostly due to the original being sold for a long time before any others came along. So when ya said DarkStar, people familiar with DarkStar, new it meant 54mm airframe and new guys thought it meant the 4in version with a 54mm motor tube. This caused much confusion.

SO to avoid further confusion with Wildman kits the following designations are now used.

"mini" denotes a 38mm airframe & 29mm motor mount. DarkStar mini
"Light" denotes a 54mm thin wall airframe and 29mm motor mount and thin NC to match airframe.These are short single deploy.
"JR" denoted a 54mm airframe & 38mm motor mount. DarkStar Jr [ the original DS]

"Standard/Economy "just the name such as DarkStar 4 Dual Deploy denotes a 4in. "bare bones" kit. Just tubes, coupler, cr's,nc's....just the glass parts & a 54mm motor mount. No vent band and shorter fincan.Usually a molded NC or one with resin tip Fins & slots are 1/8in.

"Extreme "such as DarkStar 4in. Extreme or Xtreme denotes the "Cadillac" version of a kit. Long fincan so any length motor will easily fit. 75mm motor mount. Vent band, NC with metal tip. longer payload, spiral wound nose cone,Kevlar Y-harness for recovery, and all the hardware [eyebolts, threaded rod, washers,rivets,shearpins, quicklinks etc.] & shock cord. All ya need to complete is rail buttons and a chute. Fins & slots are 3/16in.

"Ultimate"designates the 6in. version of a kit.

So ya see, there are the following. Mini.....Light........Jr..... Standard/Economy [which is just the name].....Extreme........& Ultimate versions.

Yes there is/will be Exteme Warriors or ShapeShifters or any other kit that now has the JR. tag as well as Ultimate if the demand warrants it.

If someone wants a larger version of any JR kit. All they have to do is ask & it can be made into an Extreme or Ultimate. In fact many have done so already. Wildman just has so many kits now, it's hard to keep up with all of it and many are not on the site yet.

Now I probably got you REALLY confused.LOL

Last edited:
Back