OPEN ROCKET SOFTWARE PROBLEM

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstone

Reaction score
I have been using open rocket for some time now. In the course of designing my
level 3 rocket & trying to run a simulation I get an error message
"Unable to run simulation motor not ignited". Does anyone have a clue for me?

Run some sandpaper over the clips. Har Har, sorry I have no idea. Maybe try attaching the design for someone to look over? I've never used Open Rocket before.

Run some sandpaper over the clips. Har Har, sorry I have no idea. Maybe try attaching the design for someone to look over? I've never used Open Rocket before.

That is probably a good idea. I have never seen this either.,

I have been using open rocket for some time now. In the course of designing my
level 3 rocket & trying to run a simulation I get an error message
"Unable to run simulation motor not ignited". Does anyone have a clue for me?

Check your motor mount tube's "motor" configuration tab. What is the Ignition at field set to?

Kevin

I have seen this error, when I accidently set up two stages on a one stage rocket.

I would check that.

I don't understand why "automatic" didn't work -- I'll have to take a look at it.

Are you one of the developers of openrocket? I just saw your android app link in your signature. That is a cool feature. I bought Rocksim, but there is no android support. I think I'll definitely look into OpenRocket due to the android app. Maybe sim in both just to check agreement. Beats the hell out of firing up the laptop at the field just to check a sim of a new engine.

Are you one of the developers of openrocket? I just saw your android app link in your signature. That is a cool feature. I bought Rocksim, but there is no android support. I think I'll definitely look into OpenRocket due to the android app. Maybe sim in both just to check agreement. Beats the hell out of firing up the laptop at the field just to check a sim of a new engine.

I did the android port of OpenRocket and have implemented a couple of features over the last 6 months. The current OpenRocket for Android release will not suit your need of simulating a new motor at the field. The new version, which is in beta and not yet released, does do this. I was plesantly surprised at how quickly simulations execute on my Motorola Droid 2 which is now 2 years old.

Kevin

I don't understand why "automatic" didn't work -- I'll have to take a look at it.

I opened your file and found the issue. You mistakenly built it as a two stage with the "booster stage" containing no components. This must have confused OR. After deleting the booster stage and setting the motor to "automatic" the simulations ran just fine.

Kevin

The current OpenRocket for Android release will not suit your need of simulating a new motor at the field. The new version, which is in beta and not yet released, does do this.
Kevin

Well, that's still not bad. I'll just have to make sure to simulate all possible engines before hand and have the results with me. I'd rather it on my phone than a piece of paper I printed out that could blow away, get wet, or otherwise lost.

I opened your file and found the issue. You mistakenly built it as a two stage with the "booster stage" containing no components. This must have confused OR. After deleting the booster stage and setting the motor to "automatic" the simulations ran just fine.

Kevin

Got it Kevin now I see that. I have a long way to go on the design, just getting started.

Back