1st Launch Attendance in 3 1/2 Years

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRAGON64

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
...as a spectator, I will only be shooting video. The launch is a local 2-day event in Manchester, TN with the 2nd day being a research day... my favorite as I remember it. I'm a little nervous, as I have not attended any kind of rocket event, to include club meetings, in a long time... nervous with excitement. It might rain a little, so that is kind of making me anxious. Regardless, I should have some youtube content for sure.

This is my 2nd or 3rd return to rocketry... does that classify as a Re-BAR?

Welcome back to the front lines. I have attended several launches where I did not launch. That is a pretty good launch site. I have always wanted to attend a couple there.

Well, it did not even hint at rain, as the day was near picture perfect. I hit a goofy setting on my camera, so all of the video I shot was shot in "compact" mode, and reveals little to no detail... total bummer. I did however, re-connect with rocketry firends who have kept the faith, and shook hands with many new friends... I could not have asked for a better day to make attendance.

I will try to compile the video that I shot before I inadvertantly hit the button causing my camera to shoot in compact mode... unfortunately, there are no flights in the salvageable video.

I hit a goofy setting on my camera, so all of the video I shot was shot in "compact" mode, and reveals little to no detail... total bummer.

Send it to Dr. Zooch. It will probably be acceptable as "big screen drive-in movies" to his "ants". :grin: I had to work so I wasn't able to attend. I'm looking forward to PMW's Rocktober Skies on Oct. 5 (TRA EX), 6 & 7, 2012.

Last edited:
Back