AIRFest 18

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomtube

Reaction score
Just a couple more weeks until AIRfest 18; anybody else looking forward to this?

I know I am; especially after my dismal experience at L.D.R.S. last year. In no way was this the fault of K.L.O.U.D. Busters or the event in general; just a bout of ill health that took me out of the game.

So while AIRFest isn’t quite as illustrious as an L.D.R.S. it is still four days of rockets at one of America’s premier high powered launch sites and you can’t ask for more than that.

This year I’ll be launching some of my “Oldies but Goodies” such as “Auggie Doggy” (PML Bullpuppy), “The Last Hurrah of the U.S.S.R.”(LOC P Stovi), “Jonas Grumby” (Madcow Skipper) and “Not the One in the Stone”(PML X-Caliber) as well as the premier launches of “Boomtube Mk II” and “Here Today For Your Enjoyment”(Gient Leap Talon II). This could be my first “I”-motor launch.

I’ll also be launching “Backfire” (Mid-power rear chute deployment) for the third time with the confidence that I’ve worked out all the bugs. Two perfect flights followed by two semi-successful recoveries.

The countdown begins; anybody else going to be there?

I would if I could, even if to just sit in a lawn chair for four days of rockets and rocket people.

I'll be there. I might even fly something :D

Latest posts

Back