CMR - Effy (C4) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
Welcome to the CMR Effy (C4) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the CMR Effy (C4) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

CMR: Effy: C4

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
CMR Effy (C4) Basic Information.

cmr%20logo%20trf.gif
Competition Model Rockets (CMR)

MODEL NAME: Effy Also known as:

NUMBER: C4

Introduced: 1970
Final Year: 1987
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 15"
Diameter: 0.736"
Span:
Weight: 18g

Mfg. Description: High efficiency single stage starter kit with all the features of the regular kits except the "pop" launch lug.Kit contains plastic nose cone, pre-cut fins, parachute and instructions.

The "EFFY" has accumulated an impressive list of victories in altitude and design efficiency events. (CMR 1972 Catalog)
=====
1987 Catalog Text Identical to 1972 Catalog

Advertising Liveries

cmr-effy%20c4-1972%20cat.jpg
1972 Catalog
cmr-effy%20c4-1987%20cat.jpg
1987 Catalog

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
CMREffyonpad.jpg

Part of an Ebay lot. A 1975 Effy built by a science teacher in New York. Flew it on an A8-3 today for the first time. It SCOOTS!

CMREffynothingbutsmoke.jpg

I know it's been awhile since anyone posted in this Forum, so I'm hoping someone can help me -

Does anyone have the scanned instructions for the CMR EFFY?

Why I'm asking is Bill Gee and I laser cut a few sets of the fins (based on an old one I had), and I'm planning on putting together some kits to give out to club members that are interested in competing, but never have before. Kind of as a "bribe" to get them started in competition.

The CMR Effy is an excellent P/D or S/D bird. I used it in my first competition back in 1977.

John

Back