BT-80 / 2.6" spherical nose cones at Michaels

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JordanT

Reaction score
Sorry if this is common, but in my search for various parts to help with with my current scale build I happened across some clear, hollow plastic ornaments. Now I know we've all found cool things there, but this one is so close to 2.60" that it looks like they made it with us in mind. The two I bought were both right at 2.61-2.62" OD - actually closer to the OD of a LOC 2.54 tube (2.62 OD) than a BT-80, but close enough to be usable in both, I believe. . They were 99c and sold under the "Celebrate It" brand, Handmade Holidays / Craft Plastic Ornament - UPC 90144 21227. It does not appear to be online.

Oooh, good score. It just so happens I've been on the hunt for something like this. An "in my head" project requires a spherical cone and I've been looking all over craft stores/toy stores/dollar stores/etc. for this very thing. I'm always measuring bottle tops, toy balls, plastic dishware, packaging, and such. I've found so many things that are ALMOST the right size, but just enough wrong as to be not usable.

I'm definately going to follow your lead on this.

What I REALLY want is something that fits perfect on a three or four inch tube, but I can re-scale the project to make this work.

thanks!! s6

They have a 3" version of the ornament as well, but I didn't check it with the calipers so I don't know whether it is oversize enough to match the OD of a 3" LOC tube (3.1") but it might fit an Estes 3" tube (like they use for the Big Daddy).

Back