Estes - Moon Mutt (#1476) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

closet astronaut

Reaction score

HL had this little kit on sale recently, it comes complete with launch pad and controller for ten bucks. I needed engines for the cluster joe and wanted to try out some E's in the Atlas and Explorrer so I odered it for her. Let her build it, paint it, I told her "it's you'r rocket, you do what ever you want with it. If you want to paint it pink, put glitter and flower stickers on go right ahead." She was quite excited about this prospect. I told her to get some pink paint when she went shopping with her mom friday. When I got home there was a can of BLUE paint on the table, seems she changed her mind on the color; go figure.

She gets it together the first nite and wants to test fire it like we did the sci-fi rocket. I told her we didn't need to, you'll just be wasting a motor, to no avail, she kept buggin, so we tested it.

[YOUTUBE]CkimRd4PhyE[/YOUTUBE]

So she decided to go with blue. I was really expecting a chickafied rocket, but she wanted to look like the flag. She did a fine job. There's still hope for this one.

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• IMG_1040.jpg
    IMG_1040.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1041.jpg
    IMG_1041.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1039.jpg
    IMG_1039.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1042.jpg
    IMG_1042.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Estes Moon Mutt (#1476) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes Moon Mutt (#1476) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Moon Mutt: #1476

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Moon Mutt (#1476) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Moon Mutt Also known as:

NUMBER: #1476

Introduced: 2009
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x13mm
Recovery: Streamer
Stages: 1
Length: 10"
Diameter: 0.74"
Span:
Weight: 0.65 oz

Mfg. Description: E2X - Easy to Assemble

The Estes Moon Mutt Launch Set is the perfect rocket set for the first time rocketeer. The 10 inch Moon Mutt rocket is a mini engine powered rocket that’s easy to make and big on performance. Assembly takes about an hour and you can customize this cool-looking rocket with markers or the supplied decals. The Moon Mutt Launch Set is an ideal activity for the whole family to enjoy on a day at the park. Don’t let the size of this space puppy fool you! When powered with Estes mini engines, this cosmic hot dog can reach heights over 200 feet. Recovery is a bright orange streamer. The entire family can have a great time launching this high flying mini rocket. Moon Mutt…fun for everyone! Color of product may vary.

LAUNCH SYSTEM includes Electron Beam Launch Controller and Mini Launch Pad. (Estes 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

estes-moon%20mutt%201476-2010%20cat.jpg
2010 Catalog
estes-moon%20mutt%201476-2012%20web.jpg
2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

estes-moon%20mutt%201476-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

estes-moon%20mutt%201476-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back