Funny Ebay Win...or fail...not sure

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bravo52

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later... I won a bid for an Estes Klingon Battle Cruiser #1274 and was looking forward to getting it and building the model. It came really fast and I cut it open to dig out the instructions. The kit was advertised as "new-unopened" but had damage. That was ok with me as I thought I'd be able to fix just about anything. We at first I thought the kit had been open because it had some mouse droppings in it and to big fig looking things. Turns out it wasn't opened and the fig looking things were the old glue that Estes used to supply in the vacuform kits. :eyeroll: Anyway, the glue figs were rock hard and the mouse turds were really just pieces of the header-card that had rubbed off over the years...

BTW, this thing is a lot smaller than I thought it would be...

If you end up needing spare parts, just yell -- I have one in the basement that I opened, and I think I got as far as starting to cut out some of the crapuform, but that's it.

I'd be willing to part with it.

-Kevin

Inventing new words Kevin? Crapuform?:tongue: Yeah, I have 2 of those kits still in the box..Built another one a while ago, and the vacuform IS 'crapuform':puke: One of the rare times Estes fumbled on making a quality kit...

Yeah, the rocket is a lot smaller then I thought it would be too...These things I think SEEMED so much bigger when we were that much younger!:rofl:

Back