10th August 2012, 07:13 PM
NARHAMS ABC Triathalon Saturday August 18, 2012
ABC Triathlon Fun Event
NARHAMS is hosting a triathlon fun event at Mt. Airy, MD on Saturday, August 18. The event is open to everyone, and there is no fee to participate. Winners will receive ribbons, and possibly other special prizes. If there is enough participation, contestants will be split into junior and senior divisions, with prizes awarded in each.
- The same model must be used to make 3 flights. Minor repairs may be made between flights as needed.
- Models cannot separate into two or more unattached parts.
- All flights must be returned.
- If the model lands in a location where it cannot be returned (tree, power line, etc), but is visible to a contest official, it will be scored as returned, and a similar model may be substituted for subsequent flights.
- In the event of a catastrophic failure, a similar model may be substituted for a reflight and subsequent flights.
- First flight must use an A-powered motor and parachute recovery. The goal is to achieve maximum flight duration.
- Second flight must use a B-powered motor and streamer recovery. The goal is to achieve maximum flight duration.
- Third flight must use a C-powered motor and any recovery type. The goal is to land closest to a target spot on the ground.
- All flights must be completed by 3 pm.
- For flights 1 and 2, the flight score is the duration in seconds, divided by the maximum duration of all flights in that round, and multipled by 50.
- The score for flight 3 is the distance in meters, measured from the nose of the model to the spot. Any model landing more than 50 meters away, will be scored as 50.
- Flights that are disqualified or cannot be returned will receive a score of zero for rounds 1 and 2, or 50 for round 3.
- Total score for the event is the score from flight 1, plus flight 2, minus flight 3.
- Flight 1 duration is 30 seconds, and the maximum of all contestants is 40 seconds. Score = (30 / 40) * 50 = 37.5
- Flight 2 duration is 35 seconds, and was also the maximum of all contestants. Score = (35 / 35) * 50 = 50
- Flight 3 distance is 7.5 meters. Score = 7.5
- Total score = 37.5 + 50 - 7.5 = 80