Recovery Info Stickers - Calling Sticker Shock!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpummil

Reaction score
Anyone making really durable, yet discrete rocket identification stickers for the purposes of strangers being able to locate the owners of lost rockets?

Mark, ever thought about extending your line to include something like this?

Maybe:

Name
Cell #
E-Mail Address

Place at bottom of booster can? Kind of out of the way, but still pretty obvious if someone stumbles across it and is looking?

I got Stickershock to do a simple TRA13815 graphic, which goes just above the fins, or between them. OK, its not name, address, etc, but I fly where only rocket-eers dare to tread.

Last edited:
I have seen some with aluminumized stickers. I am not sure where they got them.

I have printed small clear mailing labels on ink jet and laser printers with that information for rockets and planes. On LPR rockets I have also included recommended motor information. They look good over a light colored paint job. For dark colors you would need to use white labels. Both can be overcoated with a clear sealer. I put the label on at the same time as the regular decals and then seal the whole rocket.

Here is an example. I edited out my personal information for this posting.

photo4.jpg

Last edited:
Brothers Ptouch system-most can be found used on Feebay for around/under $20.00 usd.

+1 on these little label makers. A lot of flexibility, durable labels with water and grease resistant printing, you can use colored labels, and print whatever you want with a little added style. Very handy for lots of projects.

--Lance.

Every year I get a package of mailing labels from the VFW, Easter Seal, etc, etc...

I just cut off whatever image is next to this and stick it to my av sled or other part of the rocket. A nice shot of clear over the top of that and it should last quite a while. I am planning on adding my phone number as well.

Not a bad idea... I tend to just use a Sharpie on the nose cone shoulder but have also on a couple rockets just printed info on regular printer paper, cut to size, and taped to the inside of the shoulder. Typically I include name, cell#, NAR#, and FCC callsign (on those I put trackers in).

Brothers Ptouch system-most can be found used on Feebay for around/under $20.00 usd.

+1 on the Ptouch. Since it has the capability to print in large or small characters with the simple touch of a setting, I can tailor the size of the sticker to the size of the rocket. I have tagged my micros, low and mid-powers in all the same way.

By the way, I put my labels on the nose shoulder, because I prefer to keep true to the rocket's overall markings. I realize that location is not the most obvious, but I figure if anybody finds one of my lost rockets, it will most likely be after a flight and the recovery device has been deployed.

Back