AeroTech Single Use E15, E30, F30, F32....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green Jello

Reaction score
If anyone has one of the spent casings of one of these 24mm AeroTech motors, I would be willing to paypal you some money to mail it to me.

Geez, if I had known I would have saved them. Have fired off a few of these of late - but the spent casings have gone off to the landfill.

I MIGHT be launching a couple more soon. I'll hold on to the spent casings and let you know if I do.

s6

I really only need one. I have never launched anything but 1/2A through D Estes stuff. I'm currently working on a bigger rocket with a 24mm mount and was playing around with the Gatorade bottle retainers. Since I've never had one of the AeroTech engines, it would be a big help with figuring these things out.

the E15-7 that I have, has the same size and shape as a D12 BP motor (only external difference is a protruding nozzle).
rex

Yes, but the questions I have are about the ring at the bottom. Won't these engines not go in any further than where I drew the red arrows?

AeroTech.jpg

Last edited:
those motors pictured will not go in past the molded in thrust ring, correct. the E15 does not have a thrust ring as it was intended to be a drop in replacement for a D12 using a D engine mount.

those motors pictured will not go in past the molded in thrust ring, correct. the E15 does not have a thrust ring as it was intended to be a drop in replacement for a D12 using a D engine mount.

Oh cool, I didn't know that. Well anyway...I'd love to have a sample casing of any type of the ones pictured in 24mm.

The last 3-pack of E-15's I purchased from Aerotech were in the new casing style with molded thrust rings.

I never got back to you on that :eyepop:

I gave it a shot, and it looks like the answer is a "possibly". While it does screw down, it doesn't have much thread holding the motor in, which is a little scary.

I never got back to you on that :eyepop:

I gave it a shot, and it looks like the answer is a "possibly". While it does screw down, it doesn't have much thread holding the motor in, which is a little scary.

Ok thanks. That's kinda what I thought would be the case.

Nope.

E15 motors are now identical in every single way and characteristic to the E20 motor.

Molded thrust ring, 20N average thrust, new lower total impulse (35ish N-s).

See NAR data sheets on the NAR S&T website for details on performance.

For your purposes you can put a few wraps of 1/4 inch tape around the nozzle end of an Estes D or E motor. That will also be how you will create thrust rings for 24mm black powder motors so that you can use them in the mount that you are fabricating. You can also create thrust rings out of thin slices of 24mm motor tubing and glue them onto your black powder motors. (This is legal since it doesn't alter the functioning or safety of the motor. AeroTech used to pack a ring like that in with each single use motor before they switched to using cases with molded thrust rings. They instructed users to glue the ring onto the end of the motor prior to use.)

I have both old and new E15P casings. Each one is memorable in its own right--each is a particular flight I remember--but I'm happy to donate them to a meaningful cause.

Ari.

IMG_1022.JPG

Back