It is not a good solution

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAC of MMMSClub

Reaction score
Hi Any chemists or sugar rocketeers, my daughter says;

Hey, Dad buy me a Mountain Dew so I can try this neat trick! Leave .25% of Mt. Dew in bottle and add cap of Baking soda and Three caps of Hydrogen Peroxide to the bottle and shake!

It is supposed to glow like a light stick???

Im no chemist by any stretch of the imagination, but I think this adds up to BOOM!?!?

With the Citric Acid + CO2 + Sugar + Baking Soda + Hydrogen Peroxide + sealed vessel = Hot Sticky Boom?:surprised::jaw::surprised::jaw:

I would like to see if they works. Can you try it and post a video?

Well it was on Facebook and I have seen of kids mixing various house hold cleaners and getting everything from poison gas to small chemical explosions. You can get a hell of a bang out of a plastic bottle sealed and then loaded with expanding gasses for some mixtures. but most are harmless like dry ice in plastic bottle or hand warmer in water in plastic bottle both make big bang but are harmless.

".25%" of Mountain Dew isn't going to leave much to react with anything; assuming a 16 ounce bottle, that's only 0.04 ounces - or about 1.18 ml.

I think he means 25%, am I right?
".25%" of Mountain Dew isn't going to leave much to react with anything; assuming a 16 ounce bottle, that's only 0.04 ounces - or about 1.18 ml.

Darwin nomination complete, Press Enter to send.:bangpan:

Priceless:cyclops:

If you make something that you expect to go BOOM! And it don't,:confused: the exact moment that you enter the frag radius, is the exact moment that it will remember it was supposed to go BOOM!:jaw::surprised::jaw::surprised:

Back